• May 12, 2024, 12:20:22 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Firmware  (Read 414 times)

Ddub

• View Profile
Firmware
« on: April 08, 2019, 08:31:02 PM »

God afternoon,
 I purchased a used zero about 3 months ago and it says it needs firmware update. Its a 2014 so I have to go to the dealer to get it done. Do you know if the dealer charges for the firmware update?
Thanks,
    Don

pacificcricket

• View Profile
Re: Firmware
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 08:49:09 PM »

God afternoon,
 I purchased a used zero about 3 months ago and it says it needs firmware update. Its a 2014 so I have to go to the dealer to get it done. Do you know if the dealer charges for the firmware update?
Thanks,
    Don

Mine is 2014, I've had 3 or 4 firmware updates done at two different dealers. They didn't charge anything, and one specifically said Zero paid them for doing those.

domingo3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 09:18:54 PM »

Correct.  There is a letter from Zero that states firmware updates are free to the owner for the life of the bike; pretty sure a copy of it is on the forums in a topic about charging recommendations.  Dealers should know this, but there are anecdotes of people being charged. 
2016 Zero FXS 2018 Zero FXS 2016 SR

Ddub

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 10:18:28 PM »

Thanks guys, the local dealer (although new to Zero) said they could flash it and there would be no charge.

Emtkopan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 10:03:14 PM »

While I wish this was true all the time, I was charged because the bike shop said It was heavily modified so they had to charge me. While I did do several modifications I didn’t think it was that hard. I installed hard cases on the side so the rack was there, I changed out the handlebars, I changed out for a more comfortable seat, and replaced the bolts holding the seat down to quick release pins. To remove the seat you just pull back on the quick release pins and the seat comes off in 1 sec. That’s where the connection is to do the firmware update isn’t it? So where was the difficulty that they charged me $94? I just grinned and paid it because I was happy that my SR was working again. The shop said a firmware update fixed the “no longer charging” issue.

Zero confirmed it should have been free. But they went along with he heavily modified excuse because they hadn’t seen my bike. Whatever.

BamBam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 11:28:07 PM »

Zero confirmed it should have been free. But they went along with he heavily modified excuse because they hadn’t seen my bike. Whatever.

What a crock of sh%t.  All those things, with the exception of the seat, are standard accessories; not so called "modifications".  And the seat mod made it easier for them.  I would have challenged that one.  I know my dealer would have never done that to me.  You should publish the name of the dealer/bike shop to give them the bad publicity that they deserve.
Currently Owned Bikes:
2017 Zero DSR Limited Edition (original owner, running)
2008 Kawasaki KLR 650 (original owner, red now black, running)
1997 Honda Valkyrie (original owner, first year in black, running)
1975 Kawasaki H2 750 (original owner, purple, not running)
Pages: [1]