• May 09, 2024, 03:31:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Modifications to my SR/F  (Read 277 times)

Delly

• View Profile
Modifications to my SR/F
« on: March 29, 2024, 06:24:18 AM »

My SR/F has become a project bike for me. I made a post awhile back about replacing the misaligned stock headlight with a 7” round headlight and headlight fairing. I wasn’t happy with the position so I cut back the plastic cover piece so the headlight and fairing would sit higher and properly cover the dash. That was a good start and I decided to do some more custom work. It started with my wife wanting to ride it so I got the lower seat. When I hopped on I found it changed the ergonomics closer to a sport bike with the exception of sitting straight up. Since the stock headlight was out of the way I added clip ons giving the bike a relaxed sport bike riding position. The stock risers I had a local shop machine off. I kept the stock handlebar width but have the option of going narrower if I relocate the front turn signals. It may be a placebo effect but sitting down on the bike just a little lower I felt it was more confident in turns. I also added led sequential turn signals front and back as well as dumping the rear fender. I bought a generic tail tidy bracket then cut and bolted it to a mount I made. The stock opening I made a cover plate out of 1/8 inch ABS plastic to give it a finished look. Eventually I will be having it painted.

shayan

• View Profile
Re: Modifications to my SR/F
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2024, 06:33:03 AM »

I have been wanting to add clip ons to my SR/F as well? Mind sharing which one you used? Did you have to customize anything to have those clip-ons mount correctly?
-Shayan

2020 Zero SR/F standard + ChargeTank

Delly

• View Profile
Re: Modifications to my SR/F
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2024, 06:46:33 AM »

I have been wanting to add clip ons to my SR/F as well? Mind sharing which one you used? Did you have to customize anything to have those clip-ons mount correctly?

I don’t think you will be able to do them with the stock headlight, there is no clearance for them. I found the clip ons on eBay. You’ll also have the stock risers on the top tree to deal with.  The stock turn signals will also be an issue due to clearance.
Pages: [1]