• May 08, 2024, 10:19:07 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Post Hibernation Firmware Update Issue, 2020 SR/F  (Read 262 times)

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
Post Hibernation Firmware Update Issue, 2020 SR/F
« on: March 31, 2024, 04:36:51 PM »

When I "woke up" the bike I saw the "firmware update available" message and figured, why not, I had nowhere to be, so I clicked OK.  The console switched to a cool new "Updating Firmware" message.  2 Hours later, same message and no progress, and my Key would not respond (I could not turn the bike off).  I figured if I plugged in the L2 charger, perhaps it would trick the bike into a reset, and that worked (good news, no trip to the dealer!).  When I unplugged the charger I could turn the bike on and off again normally.

I was then able to use the app (iOS) to update BMS and MBB to the latest without issue (what I should have done in the first place).  So, if you get stuck like I did, plugging in the charge port might get you back to normal. 

Then I cleared the error code 8 using the menu on the bike and went for a ride.

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

2020_SRS_Commuter

• View Profile
Re: Post Hibernation Firmware Update Issue, 2020 SR/F
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2024, 03:22:53 AM »

I have also heard that if it gets stuck when updating using the phone app, try restarting the update from the phone.
Haven't tried this myself.
Once mine got stuck in an update and the dealer had to come pick it up. The broke tabs on the bodywork somehow so I will never go back to them again.
But they updated it and got it working.
Pages: [1]