• May 08, 2024, 08:52:07 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: srs swingarm noise  (Read 190 times)

zeronimbus

• View Profile
srs swingarm noise
« on: April 21, 2024, 12:28:19 AM »

hello, another good and beautiful story to tell with this motorcycle.
It hasn't been very long since I noticed a clicking sound on the left side swing arm, when applying pressure with both hands.
today I removed the 2 sides of the so-called bearings, (I would say bearings), well not a bit of grease, on the other hand, on the oxidation side, it's average, I just cleaned everything and regreased it well, the noise has disappeared, that doesn't surprise me at all.
the suspension seems much more flexible and silent to me (you surprise me).
I really bought a Friday night motorcycle, or does Zero sell his motorcycles like that?
I hope they put some in the steering column bearings???
from surprise to surprise with this motorcycle
the photos of the construction site (the next one I buy, I will ask the question if the grease is an option too).

sébastien

honda prelude 1994
bmw 1200RT 2006
Zéro sr/s full options 2021

TheRan

• View Profile
Re: srs swingarm noise
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2024, 02:11:10 AM »

It's a bushing, which is a type of bearing. Don't really need a ball bearing or similar on something that doesn't rotate very far. The only trouble with bushings is you don't really have anywhere to store lubricant (unless it had an oil groove) and so they're generally made out of self lubricating materials like bronze. Of course you can't also make the bit that goes inside the bushing out of that material so it should really be made out of some type of stainless. Best thing you can do is slather some thick grease on the outside of the bushing to try and prevent water from seeping in between it.

2020_SRS_Commuter

• View Profile
Re: srs swingarm noise
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2024, 02:27:34 AM »

Thanks for the pictures, I will put that in my maintenance file.
Pages: [1]