• May 09, 2024, 05:41:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Zero riders in the Bahamas?  (Read 52296 times)

josequinones

• View Profile
Re: Zero riders in the Bahamas?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2022, 06:59:30 PM »

I just moved to Puerto Rico (where I'm from) and brought my 2014 SR. I added my bike to the world map.

I had a similar experience with the local DMV. When I went to get the license plate they could not give me one because Zero the brand was not in their system, I had to wait a couple of weeks so they could update their system before they called me back and I was able to get a plate. So I'm pretty sure I am the first Zero on the island. For insurance I just got the basic coverage for now.

Electric bikes do great here, you are never going that fast (60 mph or less) so my efficiency/range so far is way better than it was in VA where I was always traveling 65-70 mph. It rains a lot so water tightness of connections is important.

Maybe related, but I did not ride in the rain before I plugged in, but I fried the on board charger the first time I plugged it in (110v). Fortunately I already had an Elcon 3.3 off board and got a DeltaQ off board from AF1 as a backup and to charge to 100% once in a while. For now I will not take the chargers with me and only charge at home from the 220v dryer circuit as much as possible.

The only electric bikes I have seen on sale here are the Niu electric scooters, there is a dealer here, but that's it. https://caribbeanmotorcycles.com/collections/niu-electric-scooters

If the bike breaks and I can not fix it myself I have a rolling brick. We'll see.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 07:26:30 PM by josequinones »
2014 SR w 14.4 pack, 2016 FLHTP, 2009 Buell XB9SX, 2000 XL1200C

RightRudder

• View Profile
Re: Zero riders in the Bahamas?
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2022, 10:33:40 AM »

Nice place to go riding!
Pages: 1 [2]