• May 06, 2024, 12:28:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: SR/F, SR/S Charging in Storage Mode  (Read 556 times)

karlh

• View Profile
SR/F, SR/S Charging in Storage Mode
« on: January 15, 2021, 05:13:32 AM »

My 2020 SR/S will not charge when in Storage Mode.  My bike has firmware version 18 in the MBB and BMS, and the temperature is in the mid 40s.  The current SoC is 47%.  When I plug in the charger the charging display comes up on the dash, but the display shows 0 Time Left, 0 A Current, and 0 kW Power.  The bike shuts down after a minute or so as if charging is complete.  And with the Charge Target set to 80% before entering the Storage Mode, the target doesn't automatically decrease to 60%.  The only way I can charge is to exit the Storage Mode.  Has anyone else seen anything similar?

This is just a thought, but since the Storage Mode is new with firmware version 18, I suspect the firmware wasn't properly tested before release (surprise surprise).
Karl
2020 SR/S
2007 BMW R1200ST
1978 Triumph Bonneville

DonTom

• View Profile
Re: SR/F, SR/S Charging in Storage Mode
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 05:31:01 AM »

This is just a thought, but since the Storage Mode is new with firmware version 18, I suspect the firmware wasn't properly tested before release (surprise surprise).
I cannot really speak for Zero, but with my Tesla, I can tell you some updates work great on 99% of the cars that get it. But I have been in the 1% three times  now.

One time my free trial auto-pilot didn't work and another time my backup camera did not work right after an update. Another time my screen would stay blank when I got it the car  (fixed with a reboot each time I got in the car).  Got the same updates again and still had the same problems. Others with the exact same model  did NOT have these issues. But after the next update, all the problems I had were gone each time.

Now it's been many months since I have had any issue with any update. The good news is even if there is an update that doesn't work 100% correct on every vehicle, the odds are the next Tesla  update will be around a week away. Seems every time I check it there is another update waiting.

I assume your bug will be fixed on the next update. Perhaps a lot faster if there are a lot of people with the same bug to complain about it.

-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Auriga

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 03:18:27 AM »

This is not how storage mode works. Storage mode tries to discharge the bike to 60%, lets it naturally fall to 30%, and then charges back to 60%. There is currently no configuration of this available.

In storage mode, the bike will not charge, and I believe the charge target is not configurable/set using the same charge target as users edit.

So it sounds like the feature is working exactly as I have been told. If you want to charge to 80%, you'll have to take it out of storage mode.

karlh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 03:29:57 AM »

This is not how storage mode works. Storage mode tries to discharge the bike to 60%, lets it naturally fall to 30%, and then charges back to 60%. There is currently no configuration of this available.

In storage mode, the bike will not charge, and I believe the charge target is not configurable/set using the same charge target as users edit.

So it sounds like the feature is working exactly as I have been told. If you want to charge to 80%, you'll have to take it out of storage mode.
It may be working as you have been told, but not quite like the Owner's Manual describes.

From the Owner's Manual:  "Check the SoC at least monthly and charge it back up to 60% if it has dropped below 30%."

Nothing said about it having to be 30% or less before it can charge or not charging at all in storage mode.  Zero needs to do a better job of writing their manuals.
Karl
2020 SR/S
2007 BMW R1200ST
1978 Triumph Bonneville

Auriga

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2021, 03:32:40 AM »

It may be working as you have been told, but not quite like the Owner's Manual describes.

From the Owner's Manual:  "Check the SoC at least monthly and charge it back up to 60% if it has dropped below 30%."

Nothing said about it having to be 30% or less before it can charge or not charging at all in storage mode.  Zero needs to do a better job of writing their manuals.

Understandable, the feature was added recently, what's in the manual are the general storage guidelines. They should update the manual soon.
Pages: [1]