• May 10, 2024, 06:52:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: What about a Zero "R"  (Read 1447 times)

NewAge

• View Profile
What about a Zero "R"
« on: May 15, 2009, 11:07:41 PM »

I love the Zero X and S models, I wonder what the chances of them offering a road racing sportbike based upon the existing power platform.
I would definitely be onboard for something like that  ;D

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: What about a Zero "R"
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 11:22:31 PM »

It's coming and it is called the Zero SS...

Like Zero's other electrified two-wheelers, the SS model should weigh considerably less than competitive gas-powered machines. Underneath the slippery bodywork will be the same 4 kWh battery pack and motor as the supermoto, meaning the SS will offer up 31 horsepower and 62.5 lb-ft of torque. That should be plenty to make for a highly entertaining ride. Saiki expects the upcoming SS electric sportbike to be the company's most popular model in 2010, surpassing the 600 Zero S models Zero plans to sell in 2009. We'd agree.

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2009/05/09/electric-sportbike-coming-soon-from-zero/

NewAge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 04:38:01 AM »

Zero Rocks!! I swear, I think that they will be expanding quickly, increasing production, and being a major player on a global level. Most of these new companies are talking a big game that their product is super high tech and super fast and blah, blah, blah... Oh and by the way it's gonna cost 70 grand and we only have one prototype so far.

Zero is manufacturing and delivering bitchen bikes now, and increasing their line to attract more buyers, and their bikes are around 10 grand, expensive but well within the reach of the average working guy.

Go Zero!

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 08:25:10 AM »

Yeah, I think it makes it pretty obvious why they are not doing the TTXGP.  They are too busy cranking out bikes.  Rumor has it an enduro version of the S supermoto is coming too.  That would make 4 bikes in the line up.

There is only so much room in the market with price points as high as they are.  Yeah the Zero's are affordable but still steep for most.  I think Zero knows a company with a solid line up of bikes will look better to consumer.  That is why motorcycle manufacturers encourage or force dealers to have at least one of each of their products on the floor.  It sells more machines.  There is no clear cut first mover yet but Zero is looking strong.

Craig Bramscher mentioned in an article recently that the TTXGP has delayed the Enertia going to market

When Brian came to me with this TTXGP project, I asked him, “This isn’t going to impact the production schedule, is it?” But we have to go racing so that we’ll have the expertise we need when batteries have improved enough to make high performance motorcycles viable.

I'm sure that is true.  A win in the TTXGP would also do great things for the Brammo brand.  Two very different approaches.  Should be fun to watch.

picasso

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 11:48:56 AM »

What a joke....I wonder how the investors feel about that comment.

Brammofan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 09:37:25 PM »

What a joke....I wonder how the investors feel about that comment.
Why do you think it's a "joke?"  It seems like he had to weigh several factors -- delay, PR value, the ability to attract skilled engineers, future direction of the company -- and made a decision. 
2010 Brammo Enertia
Pages: [1]