• May 07, 2024, 02:24:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Unexpected Goldilocks problem while trying to select a model to purchase  (Read 1644 times)

NEW2elec

• View Profile

Here this covers the two feet on the ground issue.
You can watch the whole thing or skip to 3:30 mark.  This is how to stand at a stop on road bicycles with lock in pedals.  It gives you the rear brake which holds the bike on a hill much better than your feet anyway.

*moderator edit* Forum embed of video links should be unbroken'ed now:
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 10:06:50 AM by Shadow »

atldinan3

• View Profile

« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 09:40:36 PM by atldinan3 »

clay.leihy

• View Profile

Maybe you can work out a deal to have them replace the bar with an aftermarket one. They probably have just the thing in stock.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Clay
DoD #2160,6

atldinan3

• View Profile

... the frame of the DS and S are identical..

Along these lines, what is it that makes the DS seat height 2 inches taller?  The frame is the same, the specs say the suspension is essentially the same. The seat is the same.  So why does it ride so much higher? 

(...in hopes of finding an easy point of adjustment...)

MrDude_1

• View Profile

... the frame of the DS and S are identical..

Along these lines, what is it that makes the DS seat height 2 inches taller?  The frame is the same, the specs say the suspension is essentially the same. The seat is the same.  So why does it ride so much higher? 

(...in hopes of finding an easy point of adjustment...)

I dont know if the tires are actually larger, or if they just look larger because of the tread..
3/4 of an inch is in the suspension travel.
after that, I don't know.

atldinan3

• View Profile

Factory specs:

DS:
Front tire    Pirelli MT-60 100/90-19   
Rear tire   Pirelli MT-60 130/80-17
Front wheel   2.50 x 19   
Rear wheel   3.50 x 17   

S:
Front tire   Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 110/70-17
Rear tire   Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 140/70-17
Front wheel   3.00 x 17   
Rear wheel   3.50 x 17

Does the fact that the front wheel is 2 inches larger on the DS present an insurmountable challenge? Or does the fact that the rear wheels are identical neutralize that fact?

I've never understood much about suspension specs, so I don't know how to process this part.

dukecola

• View Profile

Ok, so from what I can tell via this thread (below), the Rox risers will bring the handlebars on the S up about 1" and back about 2". Is that correct? And without negative ramifications on the cabling?

That sounds good, however, its soooo hard to know how much of a difference it will make when actually riding the bike. I'm sitting here in my desk chair bending and straightening and flexing in all sorts of ridiculous nuances  :P , not sure what is the "sweet spot" for adjustment.

http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=6415.15
All I can say is I hated the positioning of the bars, then added the ROXs. They make a huge difference. On my SR, I am only now slightly forward but can ride upright without strain on lower back. You could get a set of ROXs, take it to the dealer and put them in (takes 5 mins).  Go for a ride with them on. At best you'll love the new position, at worse you can sell them on this website and get most of your money back
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 02:22:06 AM by dukecola »

grmarks

• View Profile

Factory specs:

DS:
Front tire    Pirelli MT-60 100/90-19   
Rear tire   Pirelli MT-60 130/80-17
Front wheel   2.50 x 19   
Rear wheel   3.50 x 17   

S:
Front tire   Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 110/70-17
Rear tire   Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 140/70-17
Front wheel   3.00 x 17   
Rear wheel   3.50 x 17

Does the fact that the front wheel is 2 inches larger on the DS present an insurmountable challenge? Or does the fact that the rear wheels are identical neutralize that fact?

I've never understood much about suspension specs, so I don't know how to process this part.

Ah good point, the frame is angled up at the front due to the larger front wheel (2 inches). The rear is only 3/4 inch higher (extra suspension travel) , so you would also need 1 1/4 inch longer risers with the DS bars to get the same riding position. This could certainly be done after market.

I would ask Zero support if they can build you a special bike to your needs - can't hurt. Maybe they could use DS front forks with DS bars?   
Pages: 1 [2]