• May 04, 2024, 10:58:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New 2013 DS owner getting nervous to get his bike in France  (Read 1647 times)

Le Z Turbo

• 2013 DS
    • View Profile
New 2013 DS owner getting nervous to get his bike in France
« on: April 19, 2013, 12:55:20 PM »

Good morning,

I jumped into the 21st century by ordering a 2013 DS 11kwh here in France. The Zero range is now imported in Europe, there is a retailler in the "big" town near me (Lyon, center of France).
But.... it's primary a city bike shop !!! I'm a little nervous as some (many ?) of you dear forum members get the "clicking" noise. My bike is due somewhere in May, I hope I won't have any trouble....... How my shop will take care of any problem....

BUT as some of you point in another thread, there's trouble on gas motocycle also. For exemple I have a Piaggio MP3 500. I had so many problems with it... Many times at the dealer, a long repair list and after warranty time... And a rocket comsumption... I think I already spent the money of the Zero DS in my MP3 since I have it if I take into account the gas+repairs+maintenance+initial price.

I will continue to read the forum to be aware of any problem before getting my DS hopping that my "bike" shop will be up to the task if needed...

Have a good ride this week end
Laurent

El Rotor

• View Profile
Re: New 2013 DS owner getting nervous to get his bike in France
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 01:13:05 PM »

In fact, this is my main concern with most electric bike shops around the town. They don't necessarily make an impression of being really into mechanics/electrical engineering, but more like selling electric scooters, kickboards, and other nifty electric accessoires.

As it is with gasoline powered motorcycles, it really helps to have a good dealer.

mehve

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 02:31:00 PM »

Good luck, Laurent! And congratulations on your purchase.

:)

+m
Rides a 2013 Zero S 11.4

trikester

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 09:33:28 PM »

I wish you well with your new 2013 Zero. I can picture you riding through the French countryside that I see when watching the Tour De France.

Now there's a thought: After there are a sufficient number of electric motorcycles in France, you could start an electric bike Tour De France. The range and recharge time could be factored into the two week competition. 8)

Trikester

BSDThw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 10:38:51 PM »

Hi Le Z Turbo,

I am in Europe too and we have the same importer from Netherlands if there is a problem they have skilled stuff that will help your dealers.

I am confident your dealer will help or get help. ;)

I had an issue (with my 2012DS) that was solved quick because the technician from Netherlands first idea was a perfect match (the throttle was defect).
Air Drag Sucks - 2012 Zero DS ZF9 - 2013 Zero FX ZF5.7

Zero.DS.Sweden

• View Profile
New 2013 DS owner getting nervous to get his bike in France
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 12:25:18 AM »

Hi, I have a Zero DS 2010 in Sweden which I imported myself. I had no problems with the bike and run it daily :-) HÃ¥kan

NoiseBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 05:33:58 PM »

I wouldn't worry too much Turbo.  In my experience from the UK, European back up for Zero is very good although if they don't have the parts in stock in Belgium it can be a long wait to get it shipped from California.

Lipo423

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 12:12:26 PM »

Agree with the other guys...do not worry, you will be fine.
I'm also in Europe, and very little problems so far.
Bikes: Kawa GPX 600, Suzuki GSX 750-R, Yamaha FZR 1000, Suzuki Lido 75, Peugeot SV 125, Suzuki Burgman 400, Suzuki Burgman 650, KTM EXC 250, 2012 Zero ZF9 - All of them sold -
2014 Zero SR 11.4, BMW C1 125, BMW R 850R

Le Z Turbo

• 2013 DS
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 06:35:05 AM »

Thanks for your replies ! Right now I'm trying to get a insurance, it's a little long as it's a special request procedure, they don't have this kind of bike in their computers. The only "electrical motocycles" they have is equivalent to 50cc mopped !!!!
Have a good week end
Laurent
Pages: [1]