• May 04, 2024, 08:14:43 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: SRS firmware update 18  (Read 2192 times)

DonTom

• View Profile
Re: SRS firmware update 18
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2020, 11:18:53 PM »

Incorrect. If the bike thinks, for whatever incorrect reason, that it's empty it will stop giving power. Dead. Completely no movement. Turn it off for 20 minutes and it will magically have 30% battery and full power. That is the problem people are seeing right now.
So then the range is the same?  Just that you may have to turn the bike off for 20 minutes once or twice because the reporting is incorrect on the first charge?

Regardless, it's a serious bug that needs fixing.

-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2020, 11:29:05 PM »

I personally experienced this recently on an SR/F. I started with 55% according to the SoC. I then rode 9.5 miles, and I have pictures/video/map, during which time the bike dropped to 3%. I was stuck at the bottom of a hill the bike would not climb because of the power loss. I pulled off to the side of the road for 20 minutes and it recalculated up to 30% and restored full power. I then rode over the hill which should take 7%; I know that road well and what Zeros take to get over it. Instead I reached the other side with 10% remaining. I then went the rest of the distance home at 45mph, during which the bike dropped to 3% and then wavered and climbed back as high as 7%. While I was on the throttle the whole time. Once home I parked it and let it recalculate, and it ended with over 20%.

edit- you cannot ride on the highway like this. The bike may just decide to cut power. It's a major problem.

ricku425

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2020, 12:10:34 AM »

On September 26th the FW update was offered me twice, the next day once, but I declined.
Few days later I accepted the offer but the update did not go through (at least at the end the app (or dashboard?) said it was v17).

Since then I haven't been offered the update anymore.

I wonder if Zero stopped the roll-out of the update.

Version 18 no longer appears on their website (says 17 is the most current version https://www.zeromotorcycles.com/owner-resources/firmware/), but I was able to install it via the app yesterday. I was unaware of all the issues before installing the update, and now I'm kinda nervous that I shouldn't have done it! I did go on a pretty long ride yesterday after installing the update with no issues, so my fingers are crossed...

dittoalex

• Load the tire before you work the tire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2020, 12:36:23 AM »

Hiding a failed release is not good form.

Auriga

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2020, 01:00:25 AM »

Hiding a failed release is not good form.

That page was never updated with the release notes for rev 18, so it's not like there's a coverup. Zero usually lags about a week updating the website. The current release for FST platform is still rev 18 according to our software.

If you haven't already, the best way to get Zero to do something is to call or email Zero support. Although they won't open until Monday. Logs and detail usually help too
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 01:12:39 AM by Auriga »

bandanabob

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2020, 03:56:11 AM »

To update to 18 or not ? Should I risk what I don’t know. Or wait a bit to see what’s up.
2020 Zero sr/f
1990 Harley fxrs

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2020, 04:36:31 AM »

I would wait. I see no upside to getting v18 right now.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2020, 06:06:41 AM »

I would wait. I see no upside to getting v18 right now.
Yep. there is no gamble in doing nothing.

I even got two bad updates for my Tesla--The fix was wait until the next update. Reloading the same latest update at the dealer didn't help at all. Some updates only have bugs on some vehicles and not others. But you know what you now have.

Just because there is a newer update, it doesn't mean it's better for you.

It's almost like a gamble to get an update when everything is working fine as is.

-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Auriga

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2020, 11:42:23 PM »

They updated the firmware versions page format and added v18:
https://www.zeromotorcycles.com/custom/firmware

gb

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2020, 01:43:05 PM »

I didn't experience any issue regarding SoC/range behavior with release 18.

Another thing I'm not sure is new: in the app using the starcom api (not connected to the bike in bluetooth), the SoC reports correct value when the bike is charging or turned on. Then after 2 or 3 hours, it drops to 0% until the bike is powered on again.

DPsSRnSD

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2020, 02:23:55 AM »

I didn't experience any issue regarding SoC/range behavior with release 18.

Another thing I'm not sure is new: in the app using the starcom api (not connected to the bike in bluetooth), the SoC reports correct value when the bike is charging or turned on. Then after 2 or 3 hours, it drops to 0% until the bike is powered on again.

This is annoying. I really liked being able to double-check the SOC from inside.
2020 Zero SR/S
Previously: 2016 Zero SR

enaef

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2020, 03:23:26 AM »

They updated the firmware versions page format and added v18:
https://www.zeromotorcycles.com/custom/firmware

At least for the MBB, but not for the BMS. The BMS remains on V. 17 on the website.
My update has been done by the dealer. The app shows me BMS V. 18 now.
2019 Zero SR/F Premium & Rapid Charger

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2020, 02:51:47 PM »

Update failed for me both on the bike and using my phone. Reading all this I'm glad it did :D. I did see an erratic state of the bike reporting SOC 0 while it really was 74 just after the failed OTA update.

The website was never updated, it's common for this to shows the latest firmware update only months after it being released to the public. This is clearly not a priority for them.

edit: it's not the first bug they introduce. About 2 releases back they had a bug for european users where the bike wouldn't release the charge pistol when you key the bike on.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 02:53:57 PM by Hans2183 »
2021 Energica SS9+ 21.5kWh
--- Belgium ---

Tom_Ruyter

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2020, 05:17:27 PM »

Mines become self-aware and refuses to take version 18  ;) It gets through all the pre-requisites and starts but then immediatly claims the transfers failed and tells me to turn the bike off. Still on 17.

It's been a while since it's been this difficult to get the firmware to take to the bike. It's usually a few attempts, now i'm up to about eight tries. Might just leave it and get the dealer to do it at some point.

In the modern age, it can't be this hard to tranfer a file from the internet to a device and reboot it.

And i can't check the logs, because now the app crahes when i click on that button. This used to work... sigh... so much for the latest app update fixing bugs.

NetPro

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2020, 12:16:51 AM »

Mines become self-aware and refuses to take version 18  ;) It gets through all the pre-requisites and starts but then immediatly claims the transfers failed and tells me to turn the bike off. Still on 17.

It's been a while since it's been this difficult to get the firmware to take to the bike. It's usually a few attempts, now i'm up to about eight tries. Might just leave it and get the dealer to do it at some point.

In the modern age, it can't be this hard to tranfer a file from the internet to a device and reboot it.

And i can't check the logs, because now the app crahes when i click on that button. This used to work... sigh... so much for the latest app update fixing bugs.

Interesting!

That was me, the last 3 updates, and this time (18) worked flawlessly.
When it failed before, I just keep trying, day after day and one day it would take it, except for 17, when I gave up the Android and tried with an iPAD and it took the update the first time.

One a related note, I had my charge target set to 95% for many months.
After the upgrade to 18, it is now 70%.
is that Zero's way of telling me it should be set to that value? (Default)

I have not tried to change it back to 95 with the winter just around the corner but was wondering if anybody else had the same experience or mine was a fluke.
Everything else with version 18 appears fine; this is the only difference I can see.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 12:24:23 AM by NetPro »
2020 Zero SR/F
Pages: 1 [2] 3