• May 04, 2024, 02:04:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Experience with Zero soft saddlebags?  (Read 2014 times)

Neuer_User

• View Profile
Experience with Zero soft saddlebags?
« on: July 08, 2017, 08:23:16 PM »

I'm looking for some light, easily removable side bags for my SR and saw the ones Zero offers for about 164€ in Germany.

Has anyone experience with these? They do not need a rack mount, so they? (if yes, that would become pretty expensive...)

42Cliffside

• View Profile
Re: Experience with Zero soft saddlebags?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 11:13:07 PM »

Those are new, I didn't see them when I got my Giant Loop Coyote saddlebag

this thread covered some options for storage http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=6947.msg57008#msg57008

I can bring home quite a big load of groceries with the coyote and a backpack and the coyote is rated at 39Liters. The D20 saddlebags also posted there are 20L/side.

all these soft solutions don't need the racking, not sure about the zero bags though as I haven't seen them mounted.

I'm still thinking of a givi tail hard case for the charger I just got, It would fit right behind the coyote

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 12:09:42 AM »

I have the first set which included the "top bag".  Mine are designed to clip to the top bag which makes it pretty secure and about as sturdy as soft bags can be, but will work alone with velcro.  They have plastic support inserts to hold their shape and the nylon rain covers for what their worth.  The zippers are the weak spot and I'd wax them and go easy for prolonged use.
I use the top bag for my fishing trips and library visits, it expands to a good motorcycle storage size.  So they aren't bad for a cheaper easier option but depending on how much you carry and how often you will use them the hard cases may be the better option for you.
For what it's worth I think the side cases look much better than any of the top cases on a Zero.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 04:09:44 AM »

Here is my solution to carrying stuff:  The internally-supported fabric side cases are made by Cycle Case that I bought on sale from Motorcycle Superstore for about $50.  They just throw over the seat with wide Velcro straps and are secured by 1" wide fabric straps, fastened at the front and rear of the cases, to the bike's frame and turn signal stalks.  The tank bag is also a Cycle Case item for which I paid only $25
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Neuer_User

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 08:01:59 PM »

Thanks for the feedback.

I just gave it a try and got myself a pair of these here:
https://www.louis.de/artikel/louis-satteltaschen-2x15-liter-schwarz/10027536?filter_article_number=10027536&ref=memo

They are much cheaper than the Zero ones (which are about 220 CHF here, vs 46 CHF for these ones.)

Let's see hwo they work.

gyrocyclist

• Zero. Because motorcycles should be seen and not heard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 04:28:41 AM »

Here is my solution to carrying stuff:  The internally-supported fabric side cases are made by Cycle Case that I bought on sale from Motorcycle Superstore for about $50.  They just throw over the seat with wide Velcro straps and are secured by 1" wide fabric straps, fastened at the front and rear of the cases, to the bike's frame and turn signal stalks.  The tank bag is also a Cycle Case item for which I paid only $25
Cool! How much weight can you safely put in the side cases (I'm thinking: elcon chargers)
2018 SR
2016 Honda CB500X
2022 BMW F900XR

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 04:50:00 AM »

Cool! How much weight can you safely put in the side cases (I'm thinking: elcon chargers)

I don't know for sure, but my guess would be about 10 pounds in each case.  But you had better have them well secured to the bike or there is a chance they will start swinging in and out.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: [1]