Tech > Home Brew

Homebuilt High Performance Electric Sportsbike

(1/3) > >>

Bogan:
Project details as follows.

Motor: Etek-R 8hp cont 15hp peak
Controller: Homebuilt with battery charge monitor and active stability management
Charger: Homebuilt Embedded Switchmode smartcharger
Batteries: undecided as of yet
Frame: Full fairing Kr1 with custom "fuel tank" (<100kg)

Currently everything is progressing well, i have the bike stripped down and modelled in SolidWorks and am in the process of designing the motor mounts and battery positions. Will most likely use some cheap deep cycle ones while im still testing and debugging, then hopefully put better ones in after its completed. If anyone else has done/ or is doing a similar project id appreciate any advice, especiall with regard to batteries, or if anyone needs technical advice ill probably be able to point you in the right direction!

skadamo:
Thanks for sharing!  Looks great so far.  Please post up more pics as the project progresses.

Was wondering what the KR1 looked like to begin with so I dug up a pic..

Man, that is gonna be a sweet bike!

Bogan:
yeh mine pretty much still looks like that, will be minus the exhausts when im finished (and maybe a powder coated frame too if budget allows) but otherwise ill be keeping it as similar as possible, will not cut the fairing for any reason, unlike most EB converts do, looks far too good as is ;D

skadamo:
Cool, that is good looking bike.  Will the finished product weigh more or less than stock?  Is this your first conversion?

Bogan:
most likely more as this bike weighs around 130kg standard, with fuel is probably 145. without batteries mine is expected to weigh 110-115ish. and all the batteries im looking at now are bloody heavy. Yeh first conversion, first of many i hope ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version