• May 09, 2024, 02:42:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Armor .vs. Airbags  (Read 1106 times)

jotjotde

• View Profile
Re: Armor .vs. Airbags
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2023, 12:05:29 PM »

Totally agree.
Getting injured by sharp edged debris is surely another danger and all these tips how to react in case of a crash are totally nonsense. If the average person does not train something like this actually every week like professional stuntmen, it's purely luck or instinct. Most crashes happen suddenly and are instantly over - human reaction time from thought to action is about half a second.

The Blue Oyster Bar leather look was new to me.  ;D ;D ;D Maybe I'll try that! Saves me putting a rainbow sticker on the bike.

Specter

• View Profile
Re: Armor .vs. Airbags
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2023, 06:46:24 PM »

You can probably throw in another half a second or so as you tell yourself.  did this idiot REALLY just pull out in front of me?  Am I seeing this??!!! and snap out of your shock and react.

I try to anticipate people doing stupid shit before they do it, so I am ready, already reacting when they do,but as you said, most of the time it's out of the blue.  Like when the bedliner blew out of the pickup truck in front of me and is setting up to land right in front of me on the road.  Morning traffic, nowhere to go, I ducked and prayed, it's all I could do, well duck and cursed.  I could not even tell you how I managed to stay upright and uninjured thru that, I have absolutely no idea.  When we all pulled over, they did have to shake me a few times though to break the suction from my asshole on the seat.

give the leather a try, saves having to scrape the goop from stickers off your fairings when you switch out stickers!  post pictures too, im sure everyone here would love to see you in your studly new chaps  ;D 8)  :heart:

Aaron
Pages: 1 [2]