• May 08, 2024, 11:14:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: User Review: Ori Electric DirtBike - A Real-world Perspective  (Read 552 times)

loosebrian

• View Profile
User Review: Ori Electric DirtBike - A Real-world Perspective
« on: November 23, 2023, 03:28:50 PM »

Hey Ebike Enthusiasts,

I recently got my hands on the Ori electric bike, and after putting it through its paces, I wanted to share my thoughts with the community. Now, I'm not a dealership rep – just a regular rider who's been testing this bike in real-world scenarios. Here's a down-to-earth take on some features I think you might find interesting:

1. Powerful Performance, No Nonsense:
The Ori doesn't mess around when it comes to performance. With a peak power of 9kw and a max speed of 100km/h, it's got the guts to handle diverse terrains. I've taken it off-road, and it's a blast – no frills, just a solid ride.

2. Range That Doesn't Disappoint:
I was pleasantly surprised by the endurance. The Ori claims 100km on a full charge, and it's held up well for me. Of course, real-world mileage may vary based on factors like terrain and riding style, but it's a reliable companion for longer rides.

3. Sturdy Build, Lightweight Feel:
Clocking in at 73kg, the Ori is a lightweight heavyweight. The 6061 Forged Aluminum Alloy frame keeps things solid without making the bike a burden. It strikes a good balance between durability and agility, making it maneuverable in urban settings.

image.png.ca1844dfbc14df7944e5433538d48cc0.png

4. Responsive Brakes for Peace of Mind:
Safety matters, and the Ori's got it covered with front and rear four-piston integrated forged calipers and 203*2.8 thickened discs. Whether you're zipping through city streets or tackling off-road trails, the brakes are responsive and provide a sense of control.

5. Charging Convenience:
Charging time is a critical factor for many of us. The Ori takes around 3.5 hours for a full charge at 220V. It's not the quickest, but it's a reasonable timeframe, especially considering the mileage you get in return.

6. Thoughtful Transmission System:
The transmission system, featuring a 13T front and 48T rear sprocket setup, adds a level of control that I appreciate. It handles varied terrains smoothly, and the 55° climbing angle ensures you can tackle inclines without breaking a sweat.

image.png.52a92dabe57dccdd14d10db7478d9ea9.png

Remember, these are just my experiences with the Ori, and your mileage may literally vary. If you're in the market for an electric bike that's more about the ride than the hype, give the Ori a spin. I'd love to hear your thoughts or answer any questions you might have.

I just joined their discord channel: discord.gg/pzKaZZ23cQ to find more off-road riders to exchange our knowledge.

Feel free to ask me any questions if you're curious about any specific aspects of the Ori. It's not a replacement for our beloved thumpers, but it's a different kind of fun, and it's making a mark in the world of off-road riding.

MVetter

• View Profile
Re: User Review: Ori Electric DirtBike - A Real-world Perspective
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2023, 04:22:43 PM »

reported for spam

TheRan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2023, 05:52:12 PM »

Do we actually have an active moderator now? I saw there were a bunch of actual spam threads the other day, something to do with airlines I think, but now they're gone.

While this is obviously just a marketing post I don't mind this so much, at least it's related and something different to the thousands of practically identical scooters (I'm talking about those stand on things with 1kW hub motors) or Walmart tier e-bikes. I hadn't heard of it before and it looks to be fairly decent quality, not that I'd buy one (the website requires an account to even get started, can't even see the price) but maybe someone will be interested.

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2023, 07:31:10 PM »

Are you the you tube guy?  I see he has a test of 7 electric unicycles 25 minutes long.  He is kind of silly in this one around minute 4 just take a magic wipe and make it clean again in two weeks of owniing this cake calk copy it still looks brand new.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2023, 08:14:27 PM »

Do we actually have an active moderator now? I saw there were a bunch of actual spam threads the other day, something to do with airlines I think, but now they're gone.

While this is obviously just a marketing post I don't mind this so much, at least it's related and something different to the thousands of practically identical scooters (I'm talking about those stand on things with 1kW hub motors) or Walmart tier e-bikes. I hadn't heard of it before and it looks to be fairly decent quality, not that I'd buy one (the website requires an account to even get started, can't even see the price) but maybe someone will be interested.

Right after the airline ads showed up I reported them as spam. Later that day they disappeared. So someone is pushing the delete button.

There is another possible spam message that was posted today advertising an electric bicycle on this forum. But I am not sure if that should be considered spam or not, so I didn't report it.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

SwampNut

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2023, 10:22:06 PM »

Right after the airline ads showed up I reported them as spam. Later that day they disappeared. So someone is pushing the delete button.

There is another possible spam message that was posted today advertising an electric bicycle on this forum. But I am not sure if that should be considered spam or not, so I didn't report it.

It may or may not be a human; some forums have auto-moderation where after X number of reports, the software moves it to quarantine.  I run a motorcycle forum myself (ICE), and have that.

Also, it may amuse you to know that I hammered those spammers with calls for hours.  My day job is running a small phone company.  I have unlimited phone numbers and automated calling.  So I set up a script to call their scam call centers and conference them, or to play screaming monkey sounds.  They eventually turned off the numbers.  LOL

Curt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2023, 01:25:04 PM »

Are you the you tube guy?

I wondered that too. The video seems fair and unbiased, while the post looks like the laziest of copy-paste marketing and pretense treating us like a bunch of rubes. I think it would be fair for a marketing person to post here if they were completely transparent, remained involved with follow-ups, and wrote for the audience we are.

marcthompson

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2023, 06:01:17 PM »

Hey Ebike Enthusiasts,

I recently got my hands on the Ori electric bike, and after putting it through its paces, I wanted to share my thoughts with the community. Now, I'm not a dealership rep – just a regular rider who's been testing this bike in real-world scenarios. Here's a down-to-earth take on some features I think you might find interesting:

1. Powerful Performance, No Nonsense:
The Ori doesn't mess around when it comes to performance. With a peak power of 9kw and a max speed of 100km/h, it's got the guts to handle diverse terrains. I've taken it off-road, and it's a blast – no frills, just a solid ride.

2. Range That Doesn't Disappoint:
I was pleasantly surprised by the endurance. The Ori claims 100km on a full charge, and it's held up well for me. Of course, real-world mileage may vary based on factors like terrain and riding style, but it's a reliable companion for longer rides.

3. Sturdy Build, Lightweight Feel:
Clocking in at 73kg, the Ori is a lightweight heavyweight. The 6061 Forged Aluminum Alloy frame keeps things solid without making the bike a burden. It strikes a good balance between durability and agility, making it maneuverable in urban settings.

image.png.ca1844dfbc14df7944e5433538d48cc0.png

4. Responsive Brakes for Peace of Mind:
Safety matters, and the Ori's got it covered with front and rear four-piston integrated forged calipers and 203*2.8 thickened discs. Whether you're zipping through city streets or tackling off-road trails, the brakes are responsive and provide a sense of control.

5. Charging Convenience:
Charging time is a critical factor for many of us. The Ori takes around 3.5 hours for a full charge at 220V. It's not the quickest, but it's a reasonable timeframe, especially considering the mileage you get in return.

6. Thoughtful Transmission System:
The transmission system, featuring a 13T front and 48T rear sprocket setup, adds a level of control that I appreciate. It handles varied terrains smoothly, and the 55° climbing angle ensures you can tackle inclines without breaking a sweat.

image.png.52a92dabe57dccdd14d10db7478d9ea9.png

Remember, these are just my experiences with the Ori, and your mileage may literally vary. If you're in the market for an electric bike that's more about the ride than the hype, give the Ori a spin. I'd love to hear your thoughts or answer any questions you might have.

I just joined their discord channel: discord.gg/pzKaZZ23cQ to find more off-road riders to exchange our knowledge.

Feel free to ask me any questions if you're curious about any specific aspects of the Ori. It's not a replacement for our beloved thumpers, but it's a different kind of fun, and it's making a mark in the world of off-road riding.

Loved reading your review of the Ori electric bike. It's refreshing to hear a real-world perspective, especially from someone who isn't just trying to sell it. The power and speed specs are impressive, and it's great to hear it performs well in off-road conditions. The balance between a sturdy build and lightweight feel sounds like a winning combo for both city and trail riding.

As a Zen Photon owner, I can relate to the joys of exploring on an ebike. It's fascinating to see how different models like the Ori bring unique experiences to the table. The world of ebikes is really expanding and it's exciting to see more options for different riding styles and preferences. Keep enjoying the rides and thanks for sharing your insights on the Ori!
Pages: [1]