• May 10, 2024, 01:41:31 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 17 fxs, sevcon size 6, DVT, MBB to sevcon canbus no communication  (Read 615 times)

fastdat

• View Profile

Hey everyone first post here.

Trying to do some drag racing with a fxs we have.  It has a 75-7 motor and a size 6 gen 4.5 controller.   

Everything was working fine,  we bought the dvt kit and started editing some perimeters for the motor rpm in the dvt software.

Thats when things went south,   I can communicate with the sevcon controller,  I can communicate with the MBB via Putty and both seem functional but they will not communicate with each other,  when you turn the bike on the motor temp says 32 and the eco, sport and custom just flash. 

The MBB does have some canbus faults for communicating with the sevcon so im assuming some how the node id got changed or the canbus rate got changed.

Does anyone have some DLD files or what ever i would need to flash this back stock or what node id or bus rate the MBB is looking for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

MVetter

• View Profile

Ahhh, a DeathFX. We made one of those and did some other stuff to it as well; it's ridiculous fun as well as being overall a very bad idea and dangerous. I could ask Brandon if he can spare some time. We're pretty busy right now but am confident we have everything necessary to make your bike excessively dangerous/fun. It may involve you bringing the bike to us, though. Whereabouts are you?

fastdat

• View Profile

Where in greenville sc,   its pretty quick now with the 75-7 motor and the size 6 controller but the gearing killed it.  Went to a chain drive and that fixed the speed but it killed the 60'.

Its been 7.1 at 88mph in the 1/8 but it layed over about 500' out from hitting the motor limit of 5500rpm.

Thats why we got the dvt software.   Everything was good and then poof it just stopped communicating.   Its not in bootloader mode and is operational and you can pull all the settings off the controller and everything looks good just wont talk with the mbb.

I put the factory size 4 sevcon back in it and it still wont communicate so i thought it was the mbb but after pulling the info off it with putty and a ttl cable it looks fine as well. 

Once this is sorted out we'll probably be building a battery using graphine cells.  We have a pedal bike that we just did that will freewheel 160 MPH  and will power wheelie at 80+mph.

MVetter

• View Profile

Ooh. Sounds like you may have damaged the can transceiver. Try getting a new MBB.

flattetyre

• View Profile

Why keep the MBB on a drag bike? Don't need it. Also get some straps for the front. Love to see the lipos.

fastdat

• View Profile

The front is lowered and strapped.  So i can delete the mbb?  i thought it controlled the bms in the factory pack?   I know we wont need it in the future but for now with the sevcon controller work with factory pack and no MBB?

fastdat

• View Profile

does anyone have a .dcf and .dld file for the zero?

flattetyre

• View Profile

You don't want Zero's packs. For performance purposes they are very heavy, saggy and also discharge capped by the BMS. Depending on exactly how much power you want to run a high discharge RC lipo pack will outperform the stock pack on less than half the weight.

How much flux weakening did you add? What is your rev limit? Have you dynod the bike (would love to see this)?
Pages: [1]