• May 07, 2024, 11:33:29 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Fuel for life  (Read 4536 times)

gingerjet

• View Profile
Re: Fuel for life
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2016, 03:35:32 AM »

Yep ... got mine. 

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2016, 04:28:15 AM »

Got my card today.  Honestly, I wasn't even expecting it.  I had ordered my S at the end of March and when I heard about the "Fuel for Life" Incentive in April I figured it was just my luck to miss THAT boat.  Maybe because I didn't actually take delivery until April?  Who knows... I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth.  Thank you, ZERO!
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

GrantMeStrength

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2016, 06:34:18 AM »

Got my card today. Hurray!

PL3

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2016, 07:53:42 PM »

Mine's here

laramie LC4

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2016, 07:57:46 PM »

knowing how long since you bought your bikes might be helpful....just saying.  ???

bought my '16 FXS April 30th, no card yet.

laters,

laramie  ;)
ZERO- '16 FX-S
KTM- 990R, 525EXC

gingerjet

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2016, 10:12:27 PM »

I ordered my bike April 1st.  Received on April 8th.  Visa Gift Card arrived May 23rd.

Which beats the California Rebate which I still haven't received yet. 

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2016, 12:16:12 AM »

I'm not at all happy with myself for picking up my bike on March 20th!  Don't get me wrong, I love the bike (DSR), but I could have waited another couple of weeks for 1K.  Oh well, predicting the future has never been my strong suit!

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

KrazyEd

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2016, 09:26:26 PM »

If you bought an Apple II when they first came out, you would have spent thousands of dollars.
You would have upgraded to improved computers along the way and years of enjoyment / productivity.
Or, you could have waited for the " Perfect " computer, and still be waiting. Might be a bit late now,
but, if you didn't ask dealer to contact Zero about some other sort of compensation ( parts, service, accessories )
maybe something could be worked out.

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2016, 02:31:28 AM »

If you bought an Apple II when they first came out, you would have spent thousands of dollars.
You would have upgraded to improved computers along the way and years of enjoyment / productivity.
Or, you could have waited for the " Perfect " computer, and still be waiting. Might be a bit late now,
but, if you didn't ask dealer to contact Zero about some other sort of compensation ( parts, service, accessories )

You are correct.  I've been waiting for a couple of years for the battery technology to level off a bit, and I felt the '16 models seemed like a great place to jump in.  No regrets on the purchase or the decision.  I did have my dealer ask for me on any possible consideration, no dice...

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

gingerjet

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2016, 12:18:31 PM »

The analogy doesn't hold up.  The reason its used in tech is because tech changes so rapidly that its pointless to wait for the 'next big thing' as the 'next big thing' is a few months away.  It has nothing to do with the cost or discounting. 

I lucked out on my order (the dealer was unaware of it until -after- I bought my bike) but if I knew it was coming I may of jumped to the SR instead of the S. 

laramie LC4

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2016, 03:47:38 AM »

just got my card today. bought april 30th, today is june 19th.
ZERO- '16 FX-S
KTM- 990R, 525EXC

Rewstad

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2016, 05:45:18 AM »

How does Zero know who to call or mail it to? I don't remember any of those things being on my purchase agreement at the dealership. Just my name and email address. Did any of you have to contact Zero directly about it? Just want to make sure I'm not missing something since I think my dealer won't be as proactive as they could be about getting me my $1000.

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2016, 06:52:52 AM »

The analogy doesn't hold up.  The reason its used in tech is because tech changes so rapidly that its pointless to wait for the 'next big thing' as the 'next big thing' is a few months away.  It has nothing to do with the cost or discounting. 

I lucked out on my order (the dealer was unaware of it until -after- I bought my bike) but if I knew it was coming I may of jumped to the SR instead of the S.
Analogy holds up just fine. Today I can pick just about any laptop and it will work for almost all basic needs. You dont need the latest and greatest to do the newest software.
over the last few years, I could just say "pick the laptop/PC you like, they're all good enough" and then use them for a years until they break.. not because they're obsolete.

It just took a good 30 years after the apple II.

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2016, 08:23:36 AM »

How does Zero know who to call or mail it to? I don't remember any of those things being on my purchase agreement at the dealership. Just my name and email address. Did any of you have to contact Zero directly about it? Just want to make sure I'm not missing something since I think my dealer won't be as proactive as they could be about getting me my $1000.

As I stated above, I did nothing.  I actually ordered the bike in March and simply assumed I wouldn't be getting a gift card since the offer wasn't extended until April.  I was pleasantly surprised when I got the card in the mail.  I don't know if the dealer had anything at all to do with it because I never discussed it with them either.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2016, 10:29:51 AM »

How do you get real money off the bloody $1000 debit card anyways?  My bank said it was declined for cash advance, and the support phone number is some script reading support farm in India. Right there in the terms provided with the card it says you will be charged a $5 fee to have the balance mailed to you as a check;  The support drone says to me "Sir, that is not true, you are lying because that is not true";   I ask to be put with a manager and the drone says there is no manager, good bye, and puts me on endless hold (I gave up after 2 hours on hold of crappy music).

Super pissed off about having a $1000 credit that will expire by way of bullshit fees over time, instead of cash or an ACH compatible transfer to a checking account. The worst is that I call the support number and get some fucking script reading monkey who calls me a liar and transfers me to endless hold music.

Has anyone been able to cash out this?  HOW?   Thanks for any advice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4