• May 07, 2024, 12:15:46 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Fuel for life  (Read 4534 times)

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
Re: Fuel for life
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2016, 06:22:38 PM »

I read the terms and once I realized there was no way to simply cash it out, I just used it for every day expenses (after treating myself to a brand new helmet).  I'm down to about $60.  By the way, the fee doesn't kick in unless you still have a balance left in a year.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

Rewstad

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2016, 06:15:39 PM »

Still anxiously awaiting mine. I took delivery May 26. Is there someone I can call to inquire about its whereabouts and processing status? Any help would be great.

yugi

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2016, 02:25:12 AM »

How do you get real money off the bloody $1000 debit card anyways?  My bank said it was declined for cash advance, and the support phone number is some script reading support farm in India. Right there in the terms provided with the card it says you will be charged a $5 fee to have the balance mailed to you as a check;  The support drone says to me "Sir, that is not true, you are lying because that is not true";   I ask to be put with a manager and the drone says there is no manager, good bye, and puts me on endless hold (I gave up after 2 hours on hold of crappy music).

Super pissed off about having a $1000 credit that will expire by way of bullshit fees over time, instead of cash or an ACH compatible transfer to a checking account. The worst is that I call the support number and get some fucking script reading monkey who calls me a liar and transfers me to endless hold music.

Has anyone been able to cash out this?  HOW?   Thanks for any advice.
Buy  money order at Walmart or USPS. This card should have a PIN. If not, call a number on a back and set a PIN.
current: 2007 BMW R1200S, 2012 Sym Wolf Classic 150
past: 1994 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2004 BMW R1100S, 2004 BMW R1150RT-P, 2003 Buell XB9SL, 2006 Buell Blast, 2009 Buell 1125CR, 2014 Honda Grom

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2016, 03:48:12 AM »

Buy  money order at Walmart or USPS. This card should have a PIN. If not, call a number on a back and set a PIN.

The card which I received cannot have a PIN number and says "NO CASH VALUE".

Since 2013 anti money-laundering laws went into effect it would be illegal to buy money orders with this as a form of payment. USPS certainly won't accept it. I tried many merchants and banks but not Walmart.

yugi

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2016, 06:02:26 AM »

Since 2013 anti money-laundering laws went into effect it would be illegal to buy money orders with this as a form of payment. USPS certainly won't accept it. I tried many merchants and banks but not Walmart.
If it says debit, and it's a Visa, it will have a PIN. There is a law passed few years ago that all the debit cards Visa or MC must have PINs.
I do it on a regular basis.
NO CASH VALUE means you can't withdraw the money from an ATM, but you can do debit transactions, like buying MOs.
past: 1994 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2004 BMW R1100S, 2004 BMW R1150RT-P, 2003 Buell XB9SL, 2006 Buell Blast, 2009 Buell 1125CR, 2014 Honda Grom

Rewstad

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2016, 08:08:56 AM »

It came in today as I was pulling out of the driveway. Sure glad I caught the mailman as I had to sign for the package. Now I can't spend the money fast enough.  ;D

GrantMeStrength

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2016, 12:27:36 PM »

Sorry, you can't get cash. Just spend it.

To activate it, I emailed their support rather than risk phoning, and they were very helpful.

turbojet

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2016, 03:04:58 PM »

Anyone have difficulty getting their Fuel for Life card?  I purchased my 2016 DSR from my local dealer 4/30 during the original offer.  I picked the bike up 5/16.  I had yet to hear from Zero last week so I called them and they acted like they had no record of my purchase.  Asked me who my dealer was and told me they needed my VIN to confirm the purchase.  Since these bikes are sold on an order only basis for the most part I would think they would know who purchased the bike they sent to my dealer.  So I texted them the VIN a week ago and have heard nothing further.   :-\

Shadow

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2016, 06:58:19 PM »

The process of sending out a gift card starts when Zero Motorcycles gets your completed warranty registration.

gingerjet

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2016, 12:25:30 AM »

If it says debit, and it's a Visa, it will have a PIN. There is a law passed few years ago that all the debit cards Visa or MC must have PINs.

There is no such law in the United States.  Whether a debit or credit card has a pin or not is left entirely to the issuing bank (while visa is now a public company - its largely owned and controlled by the banks).  WalMart is actually suing Visa to force them to require a PIN on debit cards.  The matter is still stuck in courts. 

turbojet

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2016, 01:03:01 AM »

What warranty registration?  I didn't get any warranty paperwork to fill out.  I've never bought a new vehicle from a dealer and had to send in warranty registration before.  Now I am confused.

Shadow

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2016, 06:48:43 AM »

What warranty registration?  I didn't get any warranty paperwork to fill out.  I've never bought a new vehicle from a dealer and had to send in warranty registration before.  Now I am confused.

Ask the dealer you purchased from if and when they sent in the warranty registration form. Alternatively I think you can call Zero Motorcycles up and verify whether or not they have received a completed form for your bike.

yugi

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2016, 06:15:19 AM »

There is no such law in the United States.  Whether a debit or credit card has a pin or not is left entirely to the issuing bank (while visa is now a public company - its largely owned and controlled by the banks).  WalMart is actually suing Visa to force them to require a PIN on debit cards.  The matter is still stuck in courts.
Durbin amendment to Frank - Dodd act requires all the debit cards to have PIN. This is starting Aprl1st 2013. If the card says debit on a front, it has a PIN as well. If it has a PIN, you can do debit transaction like buying MO. I do it on regular basis. All Visa/MC/Discover debits has a PIN. Call a number on the back of your card and set the PIN, then go to USPS or Walmart and buy a MO. It works.

AsherEscher

• 2016 Zero FXS
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2016, 08:22:46 PM »

Another data point:

deposit 5/26
paid 6/3
delivery 6/9
gift card arrived 7/26

Shadow

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2016, 12:07:03 AM »

... If it has a PIN, you can do debit transaction like buying MO. I do it on regular basis. All Visa/MC/Discover debits has a PIN. Call a number on the back of your card and set the PIN, then go to USPS or Walmart and buy a MO. It works.

Be specific, did you try this with the FreeFuelForLife card and when?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4