• May 16, 2024, 08:04:47 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How has the battery longevity been on 5+ year old bikes?  (Read 2743 times)

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
Re: How has the battery longevity been on 5+ year old bikes?
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2019, 09:05:22 AM »

It hasn't always been the best customer service experience but knowing their heart is in the right place makes all the difference.

If they heart were in the right place, they'd bother to announce some long-term support initiatives. Such as upgrade paths for older models. Gold standard of heart being in the right place is Tesla, and Zero is really far from it.

To compare Zero to Tesla is a little unfair IMHO. They just don't have the resources and are in a very different market. I'd like to see Zero do a lot better on the customer service front too.  It won't wash with many. I'm just an EV addict and therefore an edge case who is much more forgiving than most.

ESokoloff

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2019, 09:20:19 AM »

........If you consider street mileage of 150mi on a charge, ...........

That's Assuming your riding style/conditions will yeld that kind of mileage/charge.
I'm getting about half that. 
Eric
2016 Zero DSR

pacificcricket

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2019, 10:57:23 AM »

That's Assuming your riding style/conditions will yeld that kind of mileage/charge.
I'm getting about half that.

Terrible! You then will get 250 thousand miles only!!!

Moto7575

• City rider
  • Zero XU2012-Zero S2013-Zero FXS2017-Zero SRF2022
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2019, 01:23:19 PM »

I had problems with my first Zeros (2012 and 2013) but Zero changed the battery in a recall. My 2012 Zero still works and autonomy is still fine.

As mentioned by many here, pain point has been customer service, and especially choosing the wrong dealer initially. Many thanks to unofficial Zero manual and af1racing who are very precious substitutes to customer service.
Zero XU2012-Zero S2013-Zero FXS2017-Zero SRF2022

pacificcricket

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2019, 09:01:29 PM »

Got a chance to ride my usual 50 mile route this weekend, like I've been doing for 5 years since buying the bike. I did it earlier this year and ended up with 20+% of charge remaining, which was quite a bit less than before (30-35%), but it was cold and the wind was strong. So this weekend it was a nice warm ride, and no significant head wind - I finished with 35% remaining, which is pretty much what I had in the years before.

There have been changes to the firmware in these years, so it's hard to tell if it's accurate, but visibly the bike is still performing at least to 90%. 2014 DS, 29,000 miles.

Israel

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2019, 05:10:23 AM »

THE ISRAEL DEALER HAS REPLACED NEARLY ALL BATTERIES ON BIKES OVER 30,000 MILES.  THIS WAS DONE IN CONSULTATION WITH THE 2 SENIOR TECHS AT ZERO.  REMEMBER ZERO'S MARKETING?  200,000 MILES... 300,000 MILES BATTERY LIFE TO 80%.  YEAH.  NOT EXACTLY THE EXPERIENCE HERE, BUT I GUESS THE BET IS WHO ACTUALLY RIDES A ZERO MORE THAN A FEW THOUSAND MILES.  PM ME FOR INFORMATION ON THE ZERO MOTORCYCLES CLASS ACTION, FOR MOST THERE'S A TREBLE DAMAGES PROVISION!

pacificcricket

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2019, 05:40:40 AM »

THE ISRAEL DEALER HAS REPLACED NEARLY ALL BATTERIES ON BIKES OVER 30,000 MILES.  THIS WAS DONE IN CONSULTATION WITH THE 2 SENIOR TECHS AT ZERO.  REMEMBER ZERO'S MARKETING?  200,000 MILES... 300,000 MILES BATTERY LIFE TO 80%.  YEAH.  NOT EXACTLY THE EXPERIENCE HERE, BUT I GUESS THE BET IS WHO ACTUALLY RIDES A ZERO MORE THAN A FEW THOUSAND MILES.  PM ME FOR INFORMATION ON THE ZERO MOTORCYCLES CLASS ACTION, FOR MOST THERE'S A TREBLE DAMAGES PROVISION!

We'll take your comment seriously as soon as you learn how to use a keyboard...

Auriga

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2019, 05:51:03 AM »

Looking at his post history, I bet he is the Israeli dealer Zero decided to terminate... and he's certainly a fan.
Pages: 1 [2]