• May 05, 2024, 07:36:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: S and SR - modifying foot brake pedal?  (Read 4679 times)

WoadRaider

• View Profile
Re: S and SR - modifying foot brake pedal?
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2016, 02:28:01 PM »

I just want to post a safety update in regard to my foot pedal modification: My foot pedal became stiff, harder to activate, and the brake was just not very strong. So I switched the actuator rod back to it's original position and removed the stainless steel spacer at the forward foot petal connection point to lower the foot pedal. The only other option would be to file down the point on the pedal arm which contacts/blocks the bottom of the actuator rod.
perspective, use it

Kill3rT0fu

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2021, 09:38:23 PM »

Old thread, I know, but I'm looking for some quick information

That bold in the picture on the first post, how is that removed? I mean, is there a nut behind it? Or is it just simply screwed in there with the threads embeded in the frame?

Sorry for the stupid question. I'm still banged up from the accident and can't really get a good look at it yet beyond just feeling around with my fingers.

ESokoloff

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2021, 10:01:10 PM »

That bold in the picture on the first post, how is that removed? I mean, is there a nut behind it? Or is it just simply screwed in there with the threads embeded in the frame?

Sorry for the stupid question. I'm still banged up from the accident and can't really get a good look at it yet beyond just feeling around with my fingers.

Popnut is my guess.
Eric
2016 Zero DSR

Kill3rT0fu

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2021, 11:00:41 PM »

Popnut is my guess.

what the helllllll. Never seen one of these before. Interesting. Guess I'll twist and see if the bolt just comes out. (in about 3 months of course when I'm healed.) Thanks for the info!

ESokoloff

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2021, 04:40:36 PM »

Might want to put a dab of blue Locktite (tool removal) on the threads upon reinstalling the bolt.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 05:18:27 PM by ESokoloff »
Eric
2016 Zero DSR
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]