• May 06, 2024, 03:05:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: 6k service  (Read 5662 times)

stuntwelder1

• View Profile
Re: 6k service
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2023, 10:43:53 PM »

Hey! Thanks for the post. I am just wrapping up the oil change in my 2018 Ego. One thing I noticed, and I am not sure if you can edit your post, but you state "Fill the motor with 1 quart of (dont actually drink it) ATF Dex6" when actually the bike takes almost 2 quarts during an oil change. The Weep hole process drained off almost 2 ounces for me. I assume "1 quart" was a typo, because nothing should weep if only one quart is added. I also have some questions about the statement (that you and others have made) of "One cup" for the gear box, when the manual calls for 3.4 oz. One cup/4oz puts the fluid level well over the site glass when the bike is vertical... but I dont know that more fluid in the gearbox is a bad thing. Thanks again for the info!

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2023, 01:53:07 AM »

Hey! Thanks for the post. I am just wrapping up the oil change in my 2018 Ego. One thing I noticed, and I am not sure if you can edit your post, but you state "Fill the motor with 1 quart of (dont actually drink it) ATF Dex6" when actually the bike takes almost 2 quarts during an oil change. The Weep hole process drained off almost 2 ounces for me. I assume "1 quart" was a typo, because nothing should weep if only one quart is added. I also have some questions about the statement (that you and others have made) of "One cup" for the gear box, when the manual calls for 3.4 oz. One cup/4oz puts the fluid level well over the site glass when the bike is vertical... but I dont know that more fluid in the gearbox is a bad thing. Thanks again for the info!

Glad I have an Experia, it takes a grand total of 50ml of oil...that's right a solitary egg-cup full....and it's changed out at 15k km intervals... a single 1L bottle of oil will, "in theory", last 300,000km.

Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2023, 06:54:31 AM »

Glad I have an Experia, it takes a grand total of 50ml of oil...that's right a solitary egg-cup full....and it's changed out at 15k km intervals... a single 1L bottle of oil will, "in theory", last 300,000km.

Smithy.
Did you also change it at 1,000 KM (600 miles)? I did mine. Even after letting it drain and drip out all night, that 50 ml almost seems like too much. It will fill the site glass past the very top.

The drain screw is a small Torx-25 screw near the sidestand spring. Kinda difficult to find if you do not know where to look.

This is the oil I used in my Experia.

-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2023, 02:09:06 PM »

Did you also change it at 1,000 KM (600 miles)? I did mine. Even after letting it drain and drip out all night, that 50 ml almost seems like too much. It will fill the site glass past the very top.

The drain screw is a small Torx-25 screw near the sidestand spring. Kinda difficult to find if you do not know where to look.

-Don-  Auburn, CA

Yes I did indeed change the oil at 1000km. I also changed out the little drain plug and put a stainless 6x1mm 5mm headed Allen bolt in it's place, much easier to get onto as the torx head screw is quite soft and the torx part is quite shallow and at a slight angle.

I just fill it till the oil is between 1/2 and 3/4 of the way up the little sight glass....the 50ml is just a nominal amount I suspect.....You'll never get it all out, there's a small "cavity" near the drain port where the oil sits. I left mine to drain overnight and I could still see a small amount in the bottom of the housing afterwards.

I use a similar oil but it's made by Australian oil company Nulon, full synthetic 75w85 gear oil.

Smithy.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 07:50:19 AM by smithy »
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.

PWM

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2023, 05:33:32 AM »

I use a similar oil but it's made by Nulon, full synthetic 75w85 gear oil.

Smithy.

Is the Experia using true gear oil and not Dex6 ATF as in the EGO / EVA series?
BMW eK75 Conversion (Retired)
Energica EVA Ribelle (Black Frame Matters)

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2023, 07:55:54 AM »

I use a similar oil but it's made by Nulon, full synthetic 75w85 gear oil.

Smithy.

The owners manual mentions "Traxion Gear 7" 80W85, which is indeed a proper gear oil.

Smithy.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2023, 09:11:03 AM »

The Experia has a very different motor and gearbox.  And I can tell when riding by the range it gets at faster speeds. It has MUCH better range at freeway speeds but worse range at slower speeds when compared to my 2020 SS9-. I don't think it is my imagination. At freeway speeds I am getting three times the range of my Esse Esse 9, with a battery only twice the size.

But at slower speeds, the Esse Esse 9 makes a big difference with speed when it comes to range.

I am very happy with the freeway range of the Experia.  It gets closer to the same range at different speeds. Of course still a lot better slow than fast, but not as big of a difference as with my 2020 SS9.

IMO, the Experia is geared perfectly for most of my riding.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2023, 11:02:53 AM »

He asked what  oil it used, not your lollipop pay attention to me today opinion jeez dude.
chill on the attention whoring and ill chill on the trolling ok?

Aaron

weck

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2023, 11:04:57 PM »

Smithy.

-Don-  Auburn, CA

Hello all, got My Experia back in March and recently did the 600 mile service, bike has about 1300 miles on it now.

When I did my drain and fill, I used the very obvious internal hex drain plug on the side, behind and slightly below the sight widow, and the very obvious fill plug right above.  The drain plug is magnetic, has a crush washer, and gear oil came out, tipped on side stand.  50 ml in a syringe took it up to the top of the window, which is where it was from the factory. 

I'm curious what t25 torx drain plug you are talking about that is hard to find.

On the oil... Since factory spec is a EU market oil you can't get here, I first tried Redline MTL 85, but that made the gearbox whine louder enough to notice, viscosity was lower that the factory spec at the cold end, probably why.  So I drained it and refilled with belray 80w85, which was close to the traxium spec sheet on the low end.  Sounds the same now.

(and yes, I need to clean the chain... wish the centerstand was available)

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2023, 01:37:13 AM »

Hello all, got My Experia back in March and recently did the 600 mile service, bike has about 1300 miles on it now.

When I did my drain and fill, I used the very obvious internal hex drain plug on the side, behind and slightly below the sight widow, and the very obvious fill plug right above.  The drain plug is magnetic, has a crush washer, and gear oil came out, tipped on side stand.  50 ml in a syringe took it up to the top of the window, which is where it was from the factory. 

I'm curious what t25 torx drain plug you are talking about that is hard to find.

On the oil... Since factory spec is a EU market oil you can't get here, I first tried Redline MTL 85, but that made the gearbox whine louder enough to notice, viscosity was lower that the factory spec at the cold end, probably why.  So I drained it and refilled with belray 80w85, which was close to the traxium spec sheet on the low end.  Sounds the same now.

The "actual" drain plug is down underneath, behind the side stand mount, you have to get down underneath and look from below to see it, the gallery which goes down to the small drain plug from the gearcase will also be full of old oil. I actually removed "both" the lower plugs to get "all" the old oil out....it's not much though, just a dribble or two as the plug thread is only 6x1mm thread size and the gallery is maybe about 40mm long.

Smithy.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 02:15:58 PM by smithy »

weck

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2023, 02:24:42 AM »

The "actual" drain plug is down underneath behind the side stand mount, you have to get down underneath and look from below to see it, the gallery which goes down to the small drain plug from the gearcase will also be full of old oil. I actually removed "both" the lower plugs to get "all" the old oil out....it's not much though, just a dribble or two as the plug thread is only 6x1mm thread size and the gallery is maybe about 40mm long.

Smithy.

I did see a little bolt down there, but it didn't seem accessable without removing the sidestand mount.. there is not enough room.  Why have two, how strange.  Anyway, seeing as I changed it twice, I should be good...I only have 150,000 miles of gear oil on hand if do that every time. :-)

I'll have to ask my local dealer about it when I go in to get the wrench turned off and FW updated.  They are waiting on a new diagnostics computer from Energica, so might be a while.

Related, where are you guys finding service info?  That drain plug location is not in the manual and I can't find anything on-line in the experia yet.

Thx

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2023, 05:40:34 AM »

The "actual" drain plug is down underneath behind the side stand mount, you have to get down underneath and look from below to see it, the gallery which goes down to the small drain plug from the gearcase will also be full of old oil. I actually removed "both" the lower plugs to get "all" the old oil out....it's not much though, just a dribble or two as the plug thread is only 6x1mm thread size and the gallery is maybe about 40mm long.

Smithy.

I did see a little bolt down there, but it didn't seem accessable without removing the sidestand mount.. there is not enough room.  Why have two, how strange.  Anyway, seeing as I changed it twice, I should be good...I only have 150,000 miles of gear oil on hand if do that every time. :-)

I'll have to ask my local dealer about it when I go in to get the wrench turned off and FW updated.  They are waiting on a new diagnostics computer from Energica, so might be a while.

Related, where are you guys finding service info?  That drain plug location is not in the manual and I can't find anything on-line in the experia yet.

Thx

I just looked in the owners manual for the drain plug and it says M6 and is tightened to 10nm. The plug you removed isn't anywhere near M6.

Smithy.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 02:17:03 PM by smithy »

weck

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2023, 07:48:05 AM »

Smithy.

Thx

I jst looked in the owners manual for the drain plug and it says M6 and is tightened to 10nm. The plug you removed isn't anywhere near M6.

Smithy.

I guess I didn't pay attention to the M6 designation, but yes, 10nm did feel a little light on the fill and drain plugs I assumed were the correct ones.  Still seems very odd to have a magnetic drain plug that is not the real drain plug.  Appreciate the insight.

Edit to add: I shot a note to my dealer to ask for torque value of the fill plug (not an M6) and see if I can get the service details on the drain and fill.  I'll share what I learn.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 08:36:23 AM by weck »

BorS

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2023, 03:37:57 AM »

Good Day recently took delivery on my Energica SS9 Plus.
I have an owner's manual where can I get a workshop manual?
PDF Download from somewhere?
Let me know and thanks

As far I know there is none unfortunately, it is all a big secret  ;)
I think you have to search harder.   I have one from an older Eva model (2020?).  Found it online or on facebook, do not know anymore.
But sorry, I am not going to share it here.

PWM

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2023, 09:52:18 AM »

https://www.motomanuals.net/energica/

Once connected, ignore the pop-ups and scroll down to pdf downloads.

Applies to 1st gen Ego/Eva bikes not the EMCE variants but still good reference given common frame, suspension, steering-head, brake, swingarm, wheel, switchgear, bodywork bits have not changed.
BMW eK75 Conversion (Retired)
Energica EVA Ribelle (Black Frame Matters)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5