• May 19, 2024, 07:10:57 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Hi, I'm Meygan from Damon!  (Read 5100 times)

Fred

• View Profile
Re: Hi, I'm Meygan from Damon!
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2023, 05:30:36 PM »

Anyone who still can't see all Damon red flags has their eyes closed.
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

CagivaRider

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2023, 03:46:42 AM »

I guess I did say something about the Ducati video - just in jest.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 03:52:52 AM by CagivaRider »
2021 Zero S
2019 Zero SR
2015 BMW F800GT
2001 Moto Guzzi V11-Sport
1987 Cagiva Alazzurra 650
1985 Yamaha RZ350

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2023, 01:37:37 PM »

Richard, even with it's hefty price tag, I still think E bikes, especially ones like the Energica that are put together very well, and actually ARE bikes and not some scooter mutant still have a very good market capability.  I mean people will dump 20k on Beemers, and bikes in that class, so why not E bikes?  Especially if they think they can snake a few grand back from the government from it as well in the USA.

People love to use range as an excuse as to why E - vehicles suck.  Well to be honest, when it comes to a bike, after riding 130 miles or so, I WANT to get off and take a stretch, my ass is getting sore !  With the better bikes like the Energica having fast charge built in,  you can pop it back up in under an hour.  THAT is not that long of a wait really.  By the time you stretch, take a leak, and get a drink and/or snack you are probably good for another 80 to 100 more miles already on fast charge.

While you do bring up very valid points, I don't think it's a shop killer quite yet.

Aaron

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2023, 09:24:34 PM »

Richard, even with it's hefty price tag, I still think E bikes, especially ones like the Energica that are put together very well, and actually ARE bikes and not some scooter mutant still have a very good market capability.  I mean people will dump 20k on Beemers, and bikes in that class, so why not E bikes?  Especially if they think they can snake a few grand back from the government from it as well in the USA.

People love to use range as an excuse as to why E - vehicles suck.  Well to be honest, when it comes to a bike, after riding 130 miles or so, I WANT to get off and take a stretch, my ass is getting sore !  With the better bikes like the Energica having fast charge built in,  you can pop it back up in under an hour.  THAT is not that long of a wait really.  By the time you stretch, take a leak, and get a drink and/or snack you are probably good for another 80 to 100 more miles already on fast charge.

While you do bring up very valid points, I don't think it's a shop killer quite yet.

Aaron

I agree that there are many people who can afford an electric motorcycle, just not enough people who are willing to buy one that will keep a large company in business for very long. The big companies want to sell in volume, 100K or more units a year, not just a few thousand a year.

Highway-capable electric motorcycles are still a niche product and at the prices they are selling for it is likely to stay that way for some time. I am up at Alice's Restaurant every weekend and I doubt I see more than two or three electric motorcycles parked there every year. The last one I saw was a Zero factory employee riding one of their new dual-sport models. People around here that have a lot of money are buying expensive sports cars and the ones that are still interested in motorcycles are spending their cash on expensive ICE BMWs and KTMs. Even the Japanese brands don't get much respect around here anymore, other than the old models that are being dragged out of garages again for cheap transportation.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

BigPoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2023, 10:13:40 PM »

I don’t know if I would use appearances at Alice’s as more than an anecdote. I live in Antioch and haven’t been to Alices in probably 20 years. It’s just too far for me to go when I have decent twisty roads closer to me to ride. I’ve probably averaged 1 new bike for every year I’ve been riding and I only rode two of them up to Alices. I think just looking at the number of forum members who are in the Bay Area would provide a better sense of electric motorcycle uptake, even then you should keep in mind that not every e-Moto owner is going to sign up for this and other forums.
2023 Can-Am Spyder F3 Limited

AsHperson

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2023, 02:03:36 AM »

I don’t know if I would use appearances at Alice’s as more than an anecdote. I live in Antioch and haven’t been to Alices in probably 20 years. It’s just too far for me to go when I have decent twisty roads closer to me to ride. I’ve probably averaged 1 new bike for every year I’ve been riding and I only rode two of them up to Alices. I think just looking at the number of forum members who are in the Bay Area would provide a better sense of electric motorcycle uptake, even then you should keep in mind that not every e-Moto owner is going to sign up for this and other forums.
Nice, you've got your own corner of amazing roads I need to get to someday. I've been through Morgan Territory Rd. and that's amazing!
Upcoming:
2023 Energica Experia LE
Current:
2020 Energica SS9
2013 Honda CB1100
Previous:
2020 Zero SR/S[LL]
1988 Honda Hawk GT[SOLD]
2018 Triumph Street Triple RS[LL]
2015 Yamaha FZ-07[TOTALED]

BigPoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2023, 08:04:25 AM »

Nice, you've got your own corner of amazing roads I need to get to someday. I've been through Morgan Territory Rd. and that's amazing!

Let me know if you’re in the area on weekends. I’d be up for a quick ride. Personally I don’t like Morgan Territory when it drops to a single lane. I usually hit Marsh Creek Road from Clayton to Brentwood and back. Also, the right side of the Delta heading north (Hwy 160) has some nice corners but you do have to pay the toll over the bridge to get there.
2023 Can-Am Spyder F3 Limited

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2023, 05:01:47 AM »

You say the big guys will go out of business, they want to sell 100k cars and the demand is not there.
I have to say that is not quite true.
Pretty much EVERY one of the big guys,  GM coming up,  Ford, Rivian.  are way backlogged.  They WANT to sell 100k but are only producing 20k a year, blaming supply chains bla bla for it.

It's not the lack of demand that is holding them back.
Id also say there is more demand that meets the eye, there are many people who are NOT willing to give a new company 1000 dollars to hold onto with the promise of  'if' we get down to making what YOU want in a year and a half, we 'might' give you a call and then you can configure your vehicle and get a price.

Oh but it's 100 percent refundable !!!   Not if your ass is bankrupt it isn't !

I like what I see in the Rivian but am skeptical if they are going to be around in a few years.  When they send out constant 'fluffer' e  mails to the customers to get you 'excited' about their brand again, that's a problem. Oh hey LOOK ! wee added vegan perinium leather to the ash tray, if you rub it it turns into an overnight bag!!  oh hey LOOK,  the truck stooops down so your 450 pound fat ass can get in and out easier.  Nobody GAF about that, what are you doing to address the 19 month backlog?  What are you doing to address the battery issue?  WHAT are you doing to address the range issues that have been brought up over and over again?  What about that steering fault issue?   THAT is the kind of thing I want to hear about.

Changing subjects - the scenery rides, man I can't wait until I feel comfortable enough to get on the roads like that.  Right now until I feel more comfortable with the bike im sticking to a back road circuit I rode out thats about a 15 mile trip.  Im in Jax, Fl and the people here on the roads are stupid.  If you are not pretty seasoned with a bike and got your evasive skills down, getting on the interstate here or the main roads is a death sentence!

Aaron

HoodRichOG

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2023, 02:45:43 AM »

Why's Damon firing people?

Doubt that firing a marketing/social manager results in huge savings.

Are they running out of cash? Have there been any updates at all on production or test rides?

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2023, 07:35:44 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that Meygan is no longer with Damon.  She was always very nice in all our interactions.  I wish her well.

This environment of covid and economic down turn is about as bad for a new company as it could be.
There has been a few small advancements at Damon but they will release those when they see fit.

Some people signed up with a NDA and saw the "close to/finished" production look of the bikes and the accounts for reservation holders now lists instructions for finalizing your color and details selection so it can be noted for the VIN with the warning it can't be changed later.

At that time owners will have to decide if they will buy the bike out right or go with the subscription option.   

Curt

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2023, 03:23:05 AM »

Oh hey LOOK ! wee added vegan perinium leather to the ash tray, if you rub it it turns into an overnight bag!!  oh hey LOOK,  the truck stooops down so your 450 pound fat ass can get in and out easier.

;D ;D ;D

Yes, the first time I heard about Damon, the focus was primarily on some 360 degree radar rider safety AI miracle thing, and I immediately knew something was up.

CagivaRider

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2023, 03:38:04 AM »

The '360 degree miracle thing' is pretty much what every car other then an econobox comes with. Damon is just applying it to a motorcycle. I may be biased because my delivery date is mid-2023 - and I will let you know if that occurs..

Some of us have had discussions with Damon employees and feel comfortable with their progress. I suggest  anyone who is interested should subscribe to Damon Lab to get current information. Forums like ElectricMotorcyleForum are great for spreading misinformation, but also serve the purpose of prodding the manufacturers. Using the Zero forum as an example, you get a lot of interesting technical information, but you would also think all of their bikes fail. I have two Zeros that work well and a dealer who supports them.
2021 Zero S
2019 Zero SR
2015 BMW F800GT
1985 Yamaha RZ350

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2023, 05:47:09 AM »

But a nice thing about using a forum like this, there is some honesty here too.
Manu's who run their own forums, tend to delete ANYthing negative to their product, so if they have a turd sandwich they are trying to tell you is a slice of prime rib, you'll never see it.   Yes forums  can get spammy, or the one crybaby going on and on and on, but spam can be on the cheerleading side too, which is also just as disadvantageous to the end user.

Another problem is those forums that have sponsors.  Oh can't bite the hand that feeds them now can they?  Even if something is totally honest, but bad PR,  boop, out it goes.

I will believe a somewhat neutral forum  over a manufacturers forum any day when it comes to the straight dope.  If someone is spewing shit here, then the manu should come and 'correct' it with the truth.  If the spewer is just a troll, well that will quickly become evident and the adults will tend to ignore them then.

If I was selling a product, Id welcome chat in other forums, because other forums that have a decent rep, like this one, will give the impression that it's not just a fanboy echo chamber, or a trolls lair.    Just My Opinion.

Aaron

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2023, 06:05:31 AM »

The '360 degree miracle thing' is pretty much what every car other then an econobox comes with. Damon is just applying it to a motorcycle. I may be biased because my delivery date is mid-2023 - and I will let you know if that occurs..

Some of us have had discussions with Damon employees and feel comfortable with their progress. I suggest  anyone who is interested should subscribe to Damon Lab to get current information. Forums like ElectricMotorcyleForum are great for spreading misinformation, but also serve the purpose of prodding the manufacturers. Using the Zero forum as an example, you get a lot of interesting technical information, but you would also think all of their bikes fail. I have two Zeros that work well and a dealer who supports them.

Are you buying outright or doing their so called lease.  A couple of us have tried to state their lease is a baloon loan.  That some entity will buy back in 3 years time, if such entity still does that.

How about the battery cells, how many of them and how can the total weight be so low with the 1000 to 1200 or so 2170 cells?  Comfortable?

Do you expect a homolgomated bike that the serial number means something or a less than 200 made loophole vehicle?

CagivaRider

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2023, 09:28:16 AM »

The bikes will be homologated. The people with deposits will have VINs assigned to their bikes when each one is in line to be be built. We will also choose paint schemes, graphics and accessories at this time. I will be paying cash. I haven't had a vehicle loan in forty years and I don't plan to start now.

As far as the batteries - good question. I make no claim to expertise on battery chemistry or design.

Is it a gamble? So far I am only $100 into this. I've lost way more on other go-fund-me products!
2021 Zero S
2019 Zero SR
2015 BMW F800GT
1985 Yamaha RZ350
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4