• May 19, 2024, 12:59:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: It's finally here!  (Read 4215 times)

Specter

• View Profile
It's finally here!
« on: January 16, 2024, 11:15:59 PM »

Well,my corsa cliente finally showed up today!  Wow this is a nice bike.
Unfortunately it's raining like a fkn hurricane right now in Jax, and this weekend, while the track is open it's going to be coming out of freezing temps the night before with a high in maybe the 50's  not very good riding weather.  God is teasing me!!

Anyways here are some pics for those who wanted them.  Ill get some better ones posted tomorrow, it's raining out and we are between bands and I want to try to get the bike in the garage before it gets soaked.
Aaron

Pard

• View Profile
Re: It's finally here!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 11:18:57 PM »

WOW!!!!!!  Congratulations!!!!!!!

What a setup!

https://www.energicamotor.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/corsa-clienti-kit_en.pdf

Ride report when you get it to the track!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 11:23:00 PM by Pard »

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 11:53:29 PM »

Pard don't expect much the first day. I am going to have to get the suspension set,right now it's a bit tall for my liking, im tippy toeing and the steering is way diff than my Ribelle, plus I got the R broke in so im good and flat footed and comfortable with it, this one, just a diff setup I will need some time to get used to.

Given it's going to be freezing the night before, I do NOT forsee me doing anything 'impressive' with the bike, besides maybe managing NOT to dump it in the days span :D

Don't worry though, Ill get it worked up and worked out and get a report back along with pictures to ya'all.  Im in the process of putting my bike trailer together as well.  It's going to have 40kw of battery storage in i t, possibly 15 to 30kw of supercaps too, 24k of inverters and my 30k fast charger to support running the bike.  Also I am thinking I can get close to 2k of solar panels on the roof to help keep stuff charged up too.  Since im putting that much into it, it'll also have AC in it to keep me cool on the summer days, (why not? i sure got the power for it!!) and possibly ill throw an air mattress in it too, save on the hotel bills.  Throw in a beer fridge and a grill and I got a kick ass track weekend!

Now I'll just have to teach the bird to sit on my shoulder at 140 MPH hehe.

Aaron

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2024, 12:14:35 AM »

That shock has height adjustment on the bottom of the unit near the clevis, and hydraulic preload can be easily adjusted to lower the height. The forks can be dropped on the triple.

Have a pro set you up to your comfort in terms of suspension.

Tire warmers are a must with slicks.  You must keep the heat in them or they have worse traction than a street tire.

You have a serious piece of equipment there.  Get some cameras mounted so we can enjoy your invesment!!!!  :)

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2024, 12:25:51 AM »

I was thinking of the camera's too, possibly a ram mount on the front fork to hold one looking forward and hope it focus' thru the windshield properly.  I tried that with my samsung note and it was being a total bitch.  All in time,I am thinking it's probably going to be fall time before I get everything the way I want it, tweaked and can truly call it  Home Sweet Track Home :)

I totally get the warmer thing but on a cold ass track, so you put a hot ass tire on it, in one lap that track will pretty much suck any heat you had out of those tires won't it?  That's one thing I am looking into now is warmers which to get etc.

Aaron

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2024, 12:44:43 AM »

Camera mount in the stem of the triple tree is very secure and protected from wind blast.

https://rammount.com/products/ram-b-176-gop1u

Insta 360 is my preference over the go pro.

If you will be riding a cold track, switch to a performance street tire and save the slicks for the warmer seasons.  You warm the tire until  the 3rd call for your group to get on track and then you keep the bike accelerating and braking HARD to keep those tires warm. 

So cool that you went all in on that performance!!!

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2024, 12:50:30 AM »

I tried to mount a camera in the stem of my Ribelle's triple tree but the handlebars are very inconveniently located for that, so I went with a bolt mount for it instead.  Turns out, two of the bolts will NOT come out, I can see where the dealer tried with them, so I'll end up having to drill the fuckers it seems and put new ones in.  The TTM on the Cliente now it will fit perfectly in, there are no obstructions at all.  I'll look into that camera you are saying but I already have a. oh hero 8?? 10?  one of those.  they change them every few months, not sure what number it is on now.  Ill have to get a case and some sort of rubberized holder for it buffers the motor whine of the E bikes.

Aaron

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2024, 12:57:55 AM »

This camera is awesome.  Go Pro has way too many issues.

https://www.insta360.com/product/insta360-x3

« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 06:14:19 PM by Pard »

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2024, 01:09:15 AM »

Love those twisty roads.  We got some nice ones out here but they are building all over the place, and these miserable dump trucks are dropping mud and shit all over the roads, when they are not running on the sides of them and busting the shit all up.  The ground is very silty out here so every time it rains, that silt shit gets on everything and cakes and you gotta clean the hell out of it.  I have  a feeling that was a major contributor to my chain's shortened life span here on my Ribelle is silt and crap getting up in it.

You can clean every 100 miles but that stuff is so fine and SO abrasive.  I doubt a grunge brush really gets it all.  Do you know of like a dunk it that you can take a chain off and drop in a bucket of cleaner soak sloosh and scrub into?  or on that,  would just any bucket of solvent work to do that or are you risking wrecking your chain further not using a properly designed cleaner?

Aaron

wadejesu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2024, 03:49:23 AM »

Did you get rid of Ribelle or do you now have 2 bikes?

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2024, 06:36:55 AM »

Did you get rid of Ribelle or do you now have 2 bikes?

The Corsa Cliente Ego is not street legal so it's purely a track bike. Ribelle for the roads!

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2024, 08:56:40 AM »

I have 2 bikes wade.
The cliente for the track and the Ribelle for the track and the road.
Granted I have a feeling the corsica is going to be a shit ton much more fun on the track but the ribelle has it's fun too.  the more relaxed riding position, gives a different 'experience'.    At the end of the day, lets be honest,stuff you learn on the track, you can carry on over to street driving too, so learning it on the same bike you are running ON the street, is helpful.

Aaron

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2024, 12:37:11 PM »

Love those twisty roads.  We got some nice ones out here but they are building all over the place, and these miserable dump trucks are dropping mud and shit all over the roads, when they are not running on the sides of them and busting the shit all up.  The ground is very silty out here so every time it rains, that silt shit gets on everything and cakes and you gotta clean the hell out of it.  I have  a feeling that was a major contributor to my chain's shortened life span here on my Ribelle is silt and crap getting up in it.

You can clean every 100 miles but that stuff is so fine and SO abrasive.  I doubt a grunge brush really gets it all.  Do you know of like a dunk it that you can take a chain off and drop in a bucket of cleaner soak sloosh and scrub into?  or on that,  would just any bucket of solvent work to do that or are you risking wrecking your chain further not using a properly designed cleaner?

Aaron

Yeah that fine stuff is most probably 30 % quartz and thus an excellent grinding medium.
Maybe you will never be able to avoid an 'early' death of your chain if you ride in those conditions. Consider to go with cheap chains and change them more often.
Soaking in solvents is not a good idea, it creeps behind the x-rings and dilutes the grease between pins and rollers, but that's the stuff you should try to protect. In the end it's a wear part.

Currently I have a EK (Enuma) chain with a screw-type master link, which makes installation quite easy and painless, but due to the detrimental weather here I was not able to ride much. So I don't know yet how long this chain will last.

BTW congrats to the new bike. May your tires point always in the right direction  :D

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2024, 09:46:06 PM »

IMHO, unless you are running with the lead in advanced group, there is no need for slicks or tire warmers.

I use warmers on DOT performance tires (not slicks) just so I can take turn 1 (at the start of the session) as fast as possible and not get caught in traffic, but they are not really needed on a DOT tire.

Slicks are beneficial for the really fast riders, much faster than I ride.

You need to become very proficient with  getting your bike on and off stands  (in the correct order, rear always first on and off) in a rush, in full gear, while sweating your ass off.

Any water on the track becomes a serious risk if you run a slick. 

Seen more than one rider attempt to enter the track while still sporting a warmer on the tire!  LOL!

« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 10:27:42 PM by Pard »

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2024, 07:29:12 AM »

Well, I have no clue yet how the bike will perform, how I will perform or any of that.
I am considering getting a regular set of tires,  more race orientated but also street tires.  I have some for my ribelle that i can swap on and off but changing those to the ego will be a big problem because the brakes on a race bike are a lot more robust and I don't want to have to change the brake caliper every time as well.

with that being said,  charging, I am hoping that a 30 minute hot shot between sessions, that gives me 5 minutes in and out, is enough to top off the battery enough for the next session.  I do believe throwing 60 amps at it for 25 to 30 minutes should be plenty for the next romp around.  Just get the main beef into them and worry about a fine tune/balancing during the lunch break hehe.

That should not entail, hopefully having to really rush anything.  My trailer is going to be Air Conditioned, I already have the unit picked out, it's a 2 hose portable at 9k btu so should be plenty, might even be able to move it out into the tent w/flaps,  have to see.

Im getting better getting the bike up and down on the chock.  and backside on the paddock.  I am also thinking on the slicks, yah probably should be summer use tires only or when I finally Do get into full blown racing.  All in time, with a little grace from god, I plan on being around at least a few more decades doing this stuff so no rush, except on the track of course :D

Sweating my ass off in leathers, oh don't remind me.  I got my new leathers for the track too, they are the airbag leathers, and holy shit are these things TIGHT!  They told me, oh they'll wear in and fit better, which I am sure they are but I need help getting in and out of them I can not get my arm out of them without help.  THinking of bolting a big clamp on the side of the trailer to grab the sleeve maybe to help me pull them off.  (This is also another incentive for me to lose weight too, I do need to dump about 12 or so pounds.. AGAIN :angry:

I also plan on bringing BOTH bikes when I goto the track as well.  That way, if one has issues, there is the other one and it's not a lost day, not to mention if charging does take longer than expected, I can run one while the other is charging up.

It all remains to be seen as i perfect the process over the coming months.
Pard,next time you come down to Fla, look me up, let's plan on a good day on the River, in the Creeks, or out in the Ocean doing some off shore fishing then follow it up next day on the Track.  I got the cooking covered, hell if we catch some fish we'll grill em at the track!

Aaron
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7