Makes And Models > Zero Motorcycles Forum | 2013+

On board charger replacement

<< < (2/6) > >>

AutoE:

--- Quote from: carldev on July 31, 2020, 07:00:33 PM ---Wow kinda surprised they are still shipping Rev A's.  I feel like those should have all been recalled.  Richard am I remembering correctly?  Didn't you recently replace one on another bike with the newer Rev B?
https://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=9170.0

-Carl

--- End quote ---

Hi Carl, 7 years "dealing with Zero" as their largest distributor.  Are you expecting Zero to do the right thing, to act responsibly, with moral clarity?  Cheat-them or snow board boy. There's a reason INVUS has placed these persons at Zero and not industry veterans.  Do you know the level of product failures?  BY some estimates well over half of all Zero motorcycles are off the road.  14000+/- produced in 13 years. 

carldev:
No I got confused, that is the newer style charger, it has the latest part number 45-08253.  Just ignore my previous post sorry
-Carl

Richard230:

--- Quote from: ESokoloff on July 31, 2020, 08:29:11 AM ---
--- Quote from: Richard230 on July 31, 2020, 04:48:54 AM ---
Photos are attached that illustrate the areas of work.

--- End quote ---

Hijack.......

Is that a e-mower in the background & if so, what brand?

--- End quote ---

Sharp eyes. That is a Greenworks "40 Volt Lithium Twin Force" mower. Works great and I no longer have to worry about running over an electric extension cord while cutting my lawn.  ;)

Richard230:

--- Quote from: AutoE on July 31, 2020, 06:50:22 PM ---Richard, you may want to open the old charger and try to ID the point of failure. We found water entry was too often at fault.

--- End quote ---

I almost never ride in the rain. The charger seems to be very well sealed and I am pretty sure that it was just the failure of an internal component, not due to water entry causing an electrical short. Even if I took the device apart I would have no idea what I was looking at.

Richard230:
I just revised my charger replacement instructions slightly and added some more information that might be useful to anyone else who needs to perform this task.  Let me know if there are any questions or if I didn't make any of my comments sufficiently clear.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version