Tech > Tech Help

DSR 2018 - turn signals issue

(1/3) > >>

Marty:
Good day,

Any body had issues with the turn signals on Zero DSR 2018 (or other zero for that matters). When actionned, the turn signal simply light up solid orange and is not blinking, neither front or back and simply stays on until i turn it off.

Any idea on how to fix this?

TEV:
I would try replacing the turn signal relay.

Richard230:
Before replacing the signal relay try looking for a burned out bulb. A bad bulb can cause the signals not to blink when your switch is activated.

Marty:
Hi,

Thanks for the info. As a matter of fact, there are no burnt out bulbs on the bike however, for some reasons that I can’t explain, i went for a short bike ride earlier and the signals worked fine, for about half hour!

It seems they randomly decide to act weird. I did replace the original rear turn signal and brake light with Weiser Technik Extreme LED signal, dont know if this could be the issue? Or the fact that I have added USB port to the back to charge the phone although signals were acting weird before the install!

Crissa:
Having third party parts might affect it.  It shouldn't, but it might.

Not sure how to prove it aside from running a signal-recording device to see what signals the bike is giving to the lights.  What a pain.

-Crissa

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version