Tech > Tech Help

Intermittant "stalling"

(1/3) > >>

Galactus-X:
Hi folks,

I've had this problem for a little while now, where I put the key in the bike (2016 DSR), it looks like its going to show the green center circle meaning its ready to go, but then it switches to the red flashing triangle (slow flashes, like its a turn signal).

At first I thought it was just because its been cold and wet outside, and when it got warmer this would go away (since it happened before, and this is what happened).  But now it has been warm outside for some time, and this happened when I was on a busy onramp going home, where the bike was going fine, then it just shut off and the triangle flashing showed up (slow, steady flashes, like the kickstand is down).

This happened a few weeks ago, and after I turned the key off and on for a while, it eventually went back to ready and drove all the way home, no problem.  Basically, this is what happened tonight, but it just shut off on a busy onramp!!!  Took about 15 minutes of turning the key on and off to get it to be run-ready. 

I don't like taking it to the shop, since they ripped me off for a big ticket repair that turned out to be unnecessary at one point, and they like to charge $700 to replace a belt, so now I buy belts for $50 and do it myself in 15 minutes....

I'd like to fix this myself if I could, but I need to know whats wrong.  No problem turning a wrench to fix things.  Any help is appreciated troubleshooting and fixing!!!

MVetter:
I would note the exact times this happened. Then, using your Zero app, download the bike logs and email them to yourself. Then, using Greg's parser, upload them here: https://home.hasslers.net/zerologparser/

Look at the MBB and BMS logs for the time the incidents occurred and see what sort of errors the bike is reporting. Even if you don't necessarily know what you're looking at, you can report back here what you find. Could be as simple as a loose connection, but the logs may give us an indicator of where to look.

Galactus-X:
Logging seems to have stopped in December.  I'll see if I can download again.

Galactus-X:
battery

Galactus-X:
The second downloads are just the same.  Data stops in December, no current logs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version