• May 08, 2024, 09:11:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 2019 Black SR and a Grey FXS  (Read 1336 times)

David S

• View Profile
Re: 2019 Black SR and a Grey FXS
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2018, 11:36:53 PM »

I was lurking on these forums waiting for the 2019 as I'm going to get my motorbike driving license soon, can anyone explain if there's any difference between the 2019 SR or not ?

No real difference that i can see.

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2018, 12:17:33 AM »

Regarding Custom mode settings as de facto cruise control... couldn't you just hit the Mode button to jump straight to Sport mode, if you had a sudden need?
There's a limitation (at least on my 2016 DSR) to less than 60mph (i.e. exactly 59mph or less) for activating a pending mode change.

Does the first video ad show at 0:52 a Left-Hand Rear Brake on the DSR?

Zero Motorcycles website now has "For fast charging on the go, Zero offers a 6kW Charge Tank for 2015 and newer Zero S and Zero DS models" which is news to me, previously they said only the 2018 could have a newer 6kW Charge Tank.

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2018, 12:38:22 AM »

Yeah, no major changes it seems. Still the small frame, still 100v battery pack incompatible with DC charging stations. Also carrying capacity is not in the spec sheet.
It's not incompatible with DC. The Chademo spec goes as low as 50V and all the stations that I've ever encountered adhere to it.

"power out of a situation."

I've been riding since 1982 and have nearly one million miles under my belt (as well as a 400,000 mile award from BMW).  I have NEVER gotten into a situation I couldn't get out of using the brakes and steering.  Maybe you need to work on your situational awareness?
I thought that they meant leaving ICE bikes in your rearview mirrors at a traffic light with a situation ;D

Regarding Custom mode settings as de facto cruise control... couldn't you just hit the Mode button to jump straight to Sport mode, if you had a sudden need?
There's a limitation (at least on my 2016 DSR) to less than 60mph (i.e. exactly 59mph or less) for activating a pending mode change.

Does the first video ad show at 0:52 a Left-Hand Rear Brake on the DSR?

Zero Motorcycles website now has "For fast charging on the go, Zero offers a 6kW Charge Tank for 2015 and newer Zero S and Zero DS models" which is news to me, previously they said only the 2018 could have a newer 6kW Charge Tank.
It's now dealer installable.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 12:40:52 AM by Erasmo »

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2018, 01:10:52 AM »

I don't remember exactly where, but I think I remember seeing somewhere that the new charge tank is now rated for 6kW, and is compatible with earlier Zeros....as in previous model years.

Does anybody know the story here?
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

Hansi

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2018, 04:42:09 AM »

Yeah, no major changes it seems. Still the small frame, still 100v battery pack incompatible with DC charging stations. Also carrying capacity is not in the spec sheet.
It's not incompatible with DC. The Chademo spec goes as low as 50V and all the stations that I've ever encountered adhere to it.

Does anyone know why Zero still choose to not offer a DC charging option?
Norway
Opel Ampera-e ordered 16.09.16, delivered 08.06.17    Tesla Model 3 reserved 01.04.16
2013 Nissan Leaf Tekna     2011 Mitsubishi i-MiEV

pacificcricket

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2018, 08:41:58 AM »

Does anyone know why Zero still choose to not offer a DC charging option?

Same reason you can't get DSL service more than 3 miles from phone company's central office :D Given many DC charging stations won't work,
potentially leaving people stranded in random places, that's just bad PR for Zero they don't want to deal with. Should be an easy spot for third
parties to fill.
Pages: 1 [2]