• May 07, 2024, 05:42:45 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ZeroDS major problems after failed firmware update  (Read 1899 times)

BamBam

• View Profile
Re: ZeroDS major problems after failed firmware update
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2018, 04:15:53 AM »

Please keep us apprised of any changes you notice with the new updates; both good and bad.
Currently Owned Bikes:
2017 Zero DSR Limited Edition (original owner, running)
2008 Kawasaki KLR 650 (original owner, red now black, running)
1997 Honda Valkyrie (original owner, first year in black, running)
1975 Kawasaki H2 750 (original owner, purple, not running)

qorw

• View Profile
Re: ZeroDS major problems after failed firmware update - JUST GOT WORSE
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2018, 06:45:57 PM »

More Zero client services hell!!!
In my previous update post I mentioned that Zero finally agreed to buy back my bike because it hasn't been fixed properly after their failed firmware update (the replacement battery now has issues), and so I have been waiting patiently for the buy-back...but as if things could not get worse, THEY JUST DID; I heard this week that the reason the buy-back from Zero is not happening is because the local dealer just went belly up. So now my Zero DS and the Thousands of dollars Zero paid the dealer for the buy back  ARE ALL LOCKED UP IN A LIQUIDATION CASE!!!  >:( >:( >:(
Everyone is going to loose big time here, the only people smiling are the liquidation attorneys; I wonder how long it will be until Zero goes belly-up, the amount of technical problems being reported on this forum over the past few months seem to be increasing exponentially!!
2014 Zero DS, 2010 BMW R1200R, 2013 BMW F800GS

qorw

• View Profile
Re: ZeroDS major problems after failed firmware update - RESOLVED
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2018, 07:32:19 PM »

FINALLY the nightmare ends! My Zero DS has at last gone to meet its maker. After suffering from terminal FFH (Failed Firmware Horribalis) that caused it to be workshop-ridden for almost a year now, I finally managed to pull the plug (sic) and return it to its maker for a refund (ie Zero bought it back last week).

RIP Zero DS 2014-2018
2014 Zero DS, 2010 BMW R1200R, 2013 BMW F800GS

pacificcricket

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2018, 09:24:56 PM »

I've been running 2014 DS since February 2014, no super major issues (motor recall same year; dead charger 2.5 years later) so far. It is not surprising that there are outlier cases like this,
I bet they happen with major manufacturers all the time. Working on a smaller scale though makes these cases more noticeable, and handling by dealers/manufacturer sometimes
less than adequate. I would still give Zero the benefit of the doubt, even though I've had some frustration as well.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2018, 09:56:05 PM »

BMW has certainty had their issues with major recalls and individual technical and assembly issues with their motorcycles in the past. Some of them have been really expensive - such as the shock failures on the 2014 R1200RT models.  :o  Every experienced BMW motorcycle owner always says no to purchase the first year of a new model.  ;)  So issues like this can happen to any manufacturer, even ones that employ thousands of German engineers.  ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: 1 [2]