• May 07, 2024, 09:44:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2012 zero models to be revealed in italy next month!  (Read 1537 times)

rollandelliott

• View Profile
2012 zero models to be revealed in italy next month!
« on: October 17, 2011, 09:04:21 AM »

what new features are you expecting?
I think a slightly higher capacity battery, electric car charging socket standard and better price will be on my wish list.

manlytom

• View Profile
    • Fans of Zero MC for Australia - pls support
Re: 2012 zero models to be revealed in italy next month!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 04:42:12 AM »

Hi,
sounds interesting - sure in Italy ?? Thought Italy is just starting to sell Zero's so might still be 2011 models.

anyway, keen to see the changes/improvements.

tom
Tom
bikes: Kreidler RMC, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VT600, Zero 2010S, Harley XL1200 roadster, Zero 2011S -- all of them sold, Zero 2014S -- sadly written off, HD Livewire 2020
http://www.facebook.com/ZeroElectricMoto

rollandelliott

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 05:36:12 AM »

yep here is the press release
Zero Motorcycles to unveil 2012 models at EICMA
Publish date: Oct 6, 2011
Email|Print|
|Save|License

Zero Motorcycles will participate in the 2011 EICMA motorcycle show in Milan, Italy for the first time next month to debut its 2012 line.

Executives are mum about what specifically will be announced at the show, but say they chose EICMA as the venue for the 2012 launch because of its trendsetting reputation and position as an international showcase.

“One attendance at the 2011 EICMA show is a logical extension of our goal to continue growing the Zero brand on a global level,” says Scot Harden, VP of Global Marketing. “We are looking forward to seeing the response to our 2012 model line announcement, especially in light of all the dramatic new features and improvements our engineering teams have accomplished. It’s also important for us from the perspective of reaching out to the European market as we roll out our dealer development program in key markets in Europe”.

Along with the new models, Zero will unveil an all-new booth design similar to the display featured earlier this year at the 2011 MotoGP at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. The revamped booth will host interactive display kiosks, Zero Motorcycles imagery and the entire all-new 2012 product line. Zero will be in the American Pavilion at EICMA, which will be held Nov. 8 to 13 in Milan, Italy.

Nearer to home, Zero will donate a 2011 Zero S to The Bridge School to raffle for its fundraising efforts. The school serves children with severe speech and physical impairments.

A Zero S will be raffled off at The Bridge School Gala Oct. 14. The event is hosted by Neil and Pegi Young and features a performance by Dave Matthews.

Posted by Holly Wagner

Daveruns

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 04:03:15 AM »

I love my Zero and would not trade for anything else (well maybe a Tesla). but there is always room for improvement. I assume an engineer from Zero will read this, so I am sharing...

My wish list includes a more stable rear fender assembly on my 2011 S, so that I can safely bungee on my gym bag, or a hard shell luggage option. Also, room for a passenger would be great. My 2011 S has plenty of power for that, but the seat is too short and there are no foot pegs.

Additional range and better measurement of remaining battery charge would also be great. Also, a little more response off the line would be nice. It is great from 20 to 60, but the first 20 is a little timid.

I would also like to see a charging mat. My phone has a similar device, I simply lay my phone on the pad and it charges. Why not do the same thing through the kickstand. When you park the bike with the stand on the mat it charges.....This would make life a little easier.

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 01:59:13 AM »

I would also like to see a charging mat. My phone has a similar device, I simply lay my phone on the pad and it charges. Why not do the same thing through the kickstand. When you park the bike with the stand on the mat it charges.....This would make life a little easier.

That would be cool. :D

zap mc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 09:53:00 PM »

Also, room for a passenger would be great. My 2011 S has plenty of power for that, but the seat is too short and there are no foot pegs.

to make "footpegs" get some round drain tubing and push through the hole in the swingarm
use a CRF 450 seat for a dual seat

Daveruns

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 01:57:56 AM »

Thanks for the tips on the seat and foot pegs. Does the CRF 450 seat work as is, or will I need to make modifications? Have you tried this?

manlytom

• View Profile
    • Fans of Zero MC for Australia - pls support
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 04:13:46 PM »

hi all
why is the standard seat or even the corbin not good enough to ride two up ? Obviously you need two pax not two heavy - as this is a light bike and has limitations.
footpegs - rather lower down around the belt guard area - might be able to use one of the screws to mount some lightweight pegs...

T
Tom
bikes: Kreidler RMC, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VT600, Zero 2010S, Harley XL1200 roadster, Zero 2011S -- all of them sold, Zero 2014S -- sadly written off, HD Livewire 2020
http://www.facebook.com/ZeroElectricMoto
Pages: [1]