• May 19, 2024, 02:01:50 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Zero/Energica EU  (Read 1595 times)

centra12

• View Profile
Re: Zero/Energica EU
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2020, 02:51:23 AM »

This thread is only contributing to my perception that Energica has a marketing problem, in that their owner community is attracting and retaining too many jerks and snobs.

It would also frustrate me if my favourite company had only been in the red for years

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2020, 02:54:32 AM »

centra12, paraphrased: "If you want to be part of a community of jerks, buy Energica!"
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2020, 03:19:34 AM »

My S, easily the weakest bike represented in this conversation, is considered 'too much bike for a noobie' by every motorcycle instructor and many riders I met while learning how to ride.  And even it can still beat off the line most ICE bikes, it's 0-30 is amazing.

And it's just over half the weight and certainly a small portion of the power of an Energica.  And I wouldn't have found an Energica for six grand, either.

There are places for cheaper, simpler, lighter bikes.  That doesn't make them scooters.  Wouldn't take an Energica scrambling, would you?

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

TheRan

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2020, 03:20:24 AM »

I rather think that Zero drivers can't distinguish between top performance and continuous power.
Right, because we all know a 250 is always putting out its peak power and torque. I'll humour you and actually compare some numbers. The fastest 250s will put out about 19-21kW, at 8500rpm or more. Torque is going to be less than 20Nm and peak above 6000rpm. A non-R Zero is going to put out 33-44kW (dependant on battery size) and a bit over 100Nm from a dead stop. The fastest 250 would be lucky to hit 60mph in the low 6s, the Zero will do it in the low 5s/high 4s.

EDIT: Looking back through centra's previous posts it doesn't look like he's every actually posted in the Energica board, most of his posts are on the Zero board and usually trying to shit on Zeros in some way. Makes me wonder if he even owns one as surely he'd be singing their praises there every chance he had. If he doesn't own one I'd love to hear him explain why. I wonder if it has anything to do with the price perhaps.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 04:08:11 AM by TheRan »

centra12

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2020, 08:33:31 AM »

centra12, paraphrased: "If you want to be part of a community of jerks, buy Energica!"

You also walk through life with an aluminum foil on your head and suspect conspiracies everywhere when things are not going well!

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2020, 08:49:29 AM »

It's not a conspiracy; I'm indicating how your posturing comes across. You're not the only one, either. Many Energica riders seem to make it a point to post to the Zero board in this manner, and it's really inappropriate. I'd like to ask the admin to freeze this thread, because it's not going anywhere constructive, and the OP seems to be posting in bad faith.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

TheRan

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2020, 09:38:07 AM »

I'm not convinced he even owns an Energica, he's been hating on Zero (and owns/owned an old DS) since 2015 but never mentioned replacing it with a different brand from what I could see.

MrBlc

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2020, 01:39:48 PM »

Dealer network was actually part of my decision..
Zero changed their network right before i got mine, Energica no longer has one in my country.
Having access to servicing is a BIG part of the decision to buy a bike..
Even though pricing is, in this case, segregated into quite different areas, if they had a comparative equal service network i think i would have eyed Energica a lot more in the beginning.
As it stands now, it's not even on my radar even though that 20 kWh battery looks very tempting indeed.

centra12

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2020, 09:11:48 PM »

I'm not convinced he even owns an Energica, he's been hating on Zero (and owns/owned an old DS) since 2015 but never mentioned replacing it with a different brand from what I could see.

You're damn right!  ;D

After the absolute quality disaster of the DS, I bought myself a C Evolution. It is not the fastest and most beautiful but I got to know a completely different side of electric mobility. Reliability and utility paired with low cost infinitely better than Zero. Just extending the warranty for 150€ per year is reassuring but that would be deadly for Zero.
Next year they will buy the EsseEsse9+ with the same reliability of the Evolution but with a sturdy charger that is not the best at BMW.

For Zero in Europe I give them another 3 years if nothing changes drastically and they do not really respond to the market.

Oh, and by the way, I forgot to tell you.
A timing belt can last for 50.000km but this is nothing new for Zero drivers. ???

« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 09:19:21 PM by centra12 »

HoodRichOG

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2020, 09:30:53 PM »

Energicas need more service than ICE bikes, cost more, and are heavier.

No thanks!

reini

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2020, 09:51:15 PM »

The reason for me to choose an Energica over a Zero was almost the same price for both SS9+ and SR/F Premium + Charge Tank in Europe. With that, looking at the higher quality components and DC fast charging the decision was easy. But I also totally loved riding the SR/F which I would have chosen if the 20 KWh batteries wouldn't exist :)
Energica SS9+

TheRan

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2020, 09:54:25 PM »

You're damn right!  ;D

After the absolute quality disaster of the DS, I bought myself a C Evolution. It is not the fastest and most beautiful but I got to know a completely different side of electric mobility. Reliability and utility paired with low cost infinitely better than Zero. Just extending the warranty for 150€ per year is reassuring but that would be deadly for Zero.
Next year they will buy the EsseEsse9+ with the same reliability of the Evolution but with a sturdy charger that is not the best at BMW.

For Zero in Europe I give them another 3 years if nothing changes drastically and they do not really respond to the market.

Oh, and by the way, I forgot to tell you.
A timing belt can last for 50.000km but this is nothing new for Zero drivers. ???
A C Evolution is significantly more expensive than a comparable Zero, while being a lot heavier and with the worse handling of a scooter. Of course it does have it's advantages too, just like comparing Zero to Energica neither is outright better than the other.

Anyway, as you no longer even have a Zero how about you hop on over to the "Other Electric Motorcycles" section? Or head over to the Energica section and do some more shilling for the bike you're "going to buy next year".

Also I find it funny how you shit on Zeros for supposedly being scooters and being slower than 250s, yet you love riding a literal scooter that's slower than a Zero.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 09:56:46 PM by TheRan »

centra12

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2020, 10:01:27 PM »

A C Evolution is significantly more expensive than a comparable Zero

The DS cost me more with warning than the C Evo

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2020, 10:41:13 PM »

Did the C Evolution even get a 2020 version?  I can't find it.  Google has been really weird lately.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

centra12

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2020, 11:01:36 PM »

Did the C Evolution even get a 2020 version?  I can't find it.  Google has been really weird lately.

-Crissa

No, there won't be. The future of the C Evo is uncertain.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 11:07:28 PM by centra12 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4