• May 08, 2024, 06:41:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Aux Port Inaccessible w/ Side Rack  (Read 542 times)

BelumTerbiasa

• View Profile
Aux Port Inaccessible w/ Side Rack
« on: June 15, 2017, 08:18:34 PM »

Has anyone else had this problem? Was the rack not installed correctly? Maybe flip that L-shaped bracket? I'm waiting on a Y adapter that may be more flexible and could fit in this space. 

BelumTerbiasa

• View Profile
Re: Aux Port Inaccessible w/ Side Rack
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 08:20:48 PM »

Rear view

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 08:42:48 PM »

Has anyone else had this problem? Was the rack not installed correctly? Maybe flip that L-shaped bracket? I'm waiting on a Y adapter that may be more flexible and could fit in this space.

Is this the factory side rack? Which year and model zero? My happy-trail side rack makes the aux on my 2014 SR very awkward to get to but not inaccessible.
our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

skoleskibe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 08:45:29 PM »

Having the exact same problem. Its very annoying lying on ones knees, in the wet, glasses sliding down ones big nose, trying to mate the two buggers in the dark with freezing cold fingers, so that one can get charged in a hurry. There must be a better way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BelumTerbiasa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 08:55:54 PM »

Is this the factory side rack? Which year and model zero? My happy-trail side rack makes the aux on my 2014 SR very awkward to get to but not inaccessible.

I have a 2016 Zero S.  It's the factory rack but I'm using the third-party DigiNow v2 charger.  I have an Elcon 2500 and a Zero stock quick charger as well but haven't had a chance to use these since the rack was installed (they're being shipped cross-country).  It appears like the wiring on the back side of the charger input is wider?  Could probably force it in but makes me a little nervous given how the Aux port is bolted into place on the bike. 

BelumTerbiasa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 09:35:00 PM »

Got it - looks like the best method is to feed the charger input from underneath to fit it into the aux port. 

gyrocyclist

• Zero. Because motorcycles should be seen and not heard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 05:00:04 AM »

Having the exact same problem. Its very annoying lying on ones knees, in the wet, glasses sliding down ones big nose, trying to mate the two buggers in the dark with freezing cold fingers, so that one can get charged in a hurry. There must be a better way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Totally agree. Zero definitely needs to move the aux port to a more accessible position. I have Givi sidebags (that hold my chargers) and take the left on off when I need to mate the two buggers. That helps a bit, but it's still overly difficult. Zero *really* needs to do some re-think here!
2018 SR
2016 Honda CB500X
2022 BMW F900XR

clay.leihy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 05:33:22 AM »

Wow! And they made it so easy to get to on the FX. Same maker, same engineers.  ???
Clay
DoD #2160,6

dukecola

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 07:57:53 AM »

I just leave my charger plugged into the aux port. Problem solved. Have Diginow v2, 6.6kw, plugged in, secured to frame and rack with zip ties. Plug stays in, doesnt move or come loose.
Pages: [1]