• May 04, 2024, 09:21:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Zero 2016 SR model?  (Read 3083 times)

Biff

• View Profile
Re: Zero 2016 SR model?
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 10:08:11 PM »

Someone already posted this in another thread somewhere, but here is a link to the build / progress page for this bike.

http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/showthread.php/zero-sr-race-mods-124073.html

I have a feeling the next mod is going to be some new triple-clamps to get some race bike front end on there.

-ryan

evtricity

• View Profile
    • EVTRICITY
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2014, 01:54:41 AM »

Interesting that it helped with acceleration, I would have thought the added weight might have a negative effect. you have a weight estimate including the duct?

I never actually weighed the fairing or the duct. The fairing is all fibreglass and would weigh max 10kg. The ducting is fibreglass at the inlet and then very light aluminium pipe and would weigh less than 2kg I expect. At low speeds, under 60kph the fairing weight may outweigh the aero benefit for acceleration but at track speeds aero is more important than weight.

The bike with fairing weighs approx 175kg as we made savings by:
- removing the onboard charger
- replacing the stock tail with RSV4 tail
- removing the belly pan and low front and side fairings
- removing the lights and indicators
- removing the rear fender/licence plate holder
- replacing the top fork triple clamps
2015 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
2013 Nissan Leaf

evtricity

• View Profile
    • EVTRICITY
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2014, 02:03:21 AM »

Nice custom gear on the rear how many teeth? What do you have in the front?

Also.  Rear brake lever??? I love it, been waiting to see one just a matter of time before I do that to mine now

What kind of master did you use?

The gear ratio is 15 tooth on the front and 58 tooth custom sprocket on the rear, compared to the stock 30 front and 132 rear. This provides a 14% higher gear ratio, reducing acceleration but taking top speed to 185kph. The chain drive also provides a lot more flexibility to change ratios in the future as Zero does not support any other gear combination on the SR due to its high torque and narrow belt.

Well spotted on the left hand rear brake  ;) The left/rear master cylinder / lever is from a Vectrix.
2013 Nissan Leaf

evtricity

• View Profile
    • EVTRICITY
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2014, 02:15:31 AM »

Someone already posted this in another thread somewhere, but here is a link to the build / progress page for this bike.

http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/showthread.php/zero-sr-race-mods-124073.html

I have a feeling the next mod is going to be some new triple-clamps to get some race bike front end on there.

-ryan

Actually we did make a new top triple clamp (mate has a CNC machine) as the bars were too high as stock for track / fairing setup. Added a set of 50mm clip-ons also with some better grips (Pro Grip Duo Density 717 Grips) which are more like a road bike grip than the stock MX style grips.

Revalved the suspension front and rear which improved the dampening immensely and will add a stiffer rear spring for the track. No doubt other suspension (Ohlins etc) would be better but now it's at least on par with the Showa suspension coming in 2015.
2013 Nissan Leaf
Pages: 1 [2]