• May 05, 2024, 02:36:25 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2014S, slow degradation of instrument panel liquid crystal display  (Read 357 times)

dvdt

• View Profile

Over the course of about 2 months, a degraded area of the instrument panel LCD has spread to the area shown in the photo. Has anyone else had this degradation occur, and, if so, does this continue or appear to reach some stable state that leaves the display still usable? The quote for replacement is about 300$, and if I can avoid that so much the better.

DerKrawallkeks

• View Profile
Re: 2014S, slow degradation of instrument panel liquid crystal display
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 04:01:43 AM »

Can't speak for a Zero bike, but I've seen this on other LCD. I've seen it both continue and stagnate. I'd just keep it and wait, if you don't mind it.

Zelidar

• SR/F Premium 2019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 04:45:17 PM »

Considering the model year, that approaches 10 years. Not bad!

Makes me wonder how long the newer TFT screens of the Gen3/FST platform will last ? In general, many ICE motorcycles sold in early 2000 and earlier can still be seen on roads today. In what state will be mine 10 years from now, with its battery and all its onboard electronics including hundreds of capacitors?
- Zero SR/F Premium (since 22.11.2019)
- (2007-2019 nothing and no car since 2017)
- Yamaha FJ1200 (2nd), FJ1200 (1st)
- Honda CBF 750, NX 650, MTX 125

NetPro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2023, 03:09:40 AM »

My 2020 SR/F developed a “blob” suddenly in its TFT when it was about 2 years old.
The spot affected was darker than the area around it and looked like very out of focus and of course, the colors looked very different as well.
It was about the size of a quarter, maybe a tad bigger and started quite suddenly, without the bike even falling or getting a rain shower or a wash. (Or parked in the sun for a period of time).

It literately was fine one day and messed up the next.
I did not want to see that ugly mess and ordered a replacement which I installed myself.
Quite an expensive part if you ask me and the fact that it went kaput just after the warranty expired was very unfortunate.
Hopefully, the replacement won’t suffer the same failure that quickly!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 07:12:40 AM by NetPro »
2020 Zero SR/F
Pages: [1]