• May 08, 2024, 01:09:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Here's How Ducati's First Season In The MotoE World Championship Went  (Read 502 times)

ultrarnr

• View Profile

Article from RideApart

https://www.rideapart.com/news/687024/ducati-motoe-v21l-2023-statistics/

Bike hit a top speed of  175MPH, uses 21700 type cells, and sounds like the battery is liquid cooled.

Specter

• View Profile
Re: Here's How Ducati's First Season In The MotoE World Championship Went
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2023, 03:08:42 AM »

Most the racing bikes the battery's are liquid cooled.  Air too of course but in that environment it's not super efficient.  The biggest problem is room, having to shove the waterways down between the cells and keep the weight / size down.

Hopefully this so called sodium technology is something and can be a game changer.  It'd be nice to have an E bike that weighs a few hundred pounds less.

Aaron

Fran K

• View Profile

The text article is not worth much besides the weight distribution.  2 seconds faster than a sort of street bike Energica but how long is the course for those not following the series.   The video is great in my estimation.  Makes me wonder what the traction control rules are in motorcycle road racing.  Is it still AMA rules?

CagivaRider

• View Profile

The Ducatis have traction control. The Energicas did not. The races are approximately 20 miles -- six to eight laps. They have two races on Saturday, qualifying on Friday. There's no siting or tire warmup laps - they pull off the tire warmers and race. It's very close racing because they are using the same bike. I like it because it's a riders class.

I went to the MotoAmerica race at The Ridge (Shelton Washington, USA) last summer and watched the lone Energica in the Hooligan class beat most of the ICE bikes. What a kick!
2021 Zero S
2019 Zero SR
2015 BMW F800GT
2001 Moto Guzzi V11-Sport
1987 Cagiva Alazzurra 650
1985 Yamaha RZ350
Pages: [1]