• May 11, 2024, 12:31:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How Practical Is The SR/F?  (Read 1042 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: How Practical Is The SR/F?
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2019, 03:24:46 AM »

Chrisho I think Richard230 posted a pic or video of the wall behind the SRF at the reveal event that had all the accessories for the bike and the top case was a Shad.  I did a quick search on here but couldn't find it.  It isn't on the Zero webpage though.

It's on one of these SRF threads.

Here it is:  https://electricmotorcycles.news/ecomobiel-antwerp-at-official-dealer-launch-zero-sr-f/
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2019, 09:50:24 AM »

I knew you'd have it.   :)

Thanks.

GaryArt1

• Ride with Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2019, 10:16:45 AM »

The one thing I can't figure out in the photo is the set of handle bars.  Are they going to come out with an optional set of handle bars.  Maybe a set of high rise bars similar to the higher seat.  Unless of course it is just the standard bars used to display the optional bar ends, heated grips and flyscreen.  But I hope it is high rise bars.
Currently own: 
2020 Blue Zero SR/F Premium
2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2019, 07:28:56 PM »

I don't have a clue about the bars, but I can mention that SHAD luggage is decent stuff.  SHAD is a Spanish company that manufactures the hard cases for BMW motorcycles.  But their version is a lot lighter, single-wall, much less complicated and cost less than half that of the price of BMW cases.  I say this as someone who has owned BMW hard luggage over the years and now use SHAD cases on both my R12RS and my F650GS. I think anyone buying SHAD cases for their SR/F will be happy with their purchase - although I am not sure how much of a markup Zero might add to their price.  ???
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

alko

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2019, 07:17:17 PM »

I don't have a clue about the bars, but I can mention that SHAD luggage is decent stuff.  SHAD is a Spanish company that manufactures the hard cases for BMW motorcycles.  But their version is a lot lighter, single-wall, much less complicated and cost less than half that of the price of BMW cases.  I say this as someone who has owned BMW hard luggage over the years and now use SHAD cases on both my R12RS and my F650GS. I think anyone buying SHAD cases for their SR/F will be happy with their purchase - although I am not sure how much of a markup Zero might add to their price.  ???

The J. Juan brakes are also Spanish and I have no complaints about them. I don't think people should be concerned with the lack of Brembo brakes. Imo

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2019, 07:34:48 PM »

The J. Juan brakes are also Spanish and I have no complaints about them. I don't think people should be concerned with the lack of Brembo brakes. Imo

You might be interested to know that BMW seems to be switching from Brembo brake components to the Hayes brand (a U.S. company, I believe) on their 2019 R1250GS models. (Likely because they are cheaper than Brembo stuff.)   Hayes made the brake calipers on the 2012 Zeros.
Pages: 1 [2]