Makes And Models > Alta Motorcycles

Alta R5.8 battery pack article

(1/1)

Richard230:
The September/October issue of Motorcyclist magazine contains a two-page article, starting on page 32, titled "Alta R5.8 Pack".  You get one big photo of the outside of the battery enclosure and 1/3 of a page of text. So you should be able to read the entire article at a magazine stand in about 2 minutes. Or you can buy the magazine for $12.  :o  Anyway, the point of the article is to let the reader know that the 2018 Alta battery modules have been upgraded with a unique battery chemistry designed to yield maximum energy release over longer periods at lower temperatures. This new battery pack will allow the Redshift MXR to produce 50 hp and 42 pound-feet of torque, 10 better than the older version, using the identical motor."

The article also states:  "The company won't say what's in the mix or exactly what it changed compared to the 2017 pack. Alta claims that information - and even the identity of the manufacturer of those cells - is proprietary."

Fran K:
There are 93 Alta motorcycles on cycle trader as of last night. Some 2017 some 2018 some 2019.  Only one reasonably close was significantly used.  There is also an 2019 exr model on the alta website. https://www.altamotors.co/#redshift-exr-1 (edit you need wander there on  your own alta wants you to start somewhere else) That talks of an R pack battery.  The 5.8 seems to be the kilowatt hour rating and that number is in the 2017 manual.  The 40 to 50 horsepower in 2018 to me seemed to be the ones with the r in the model designation had the 50 hp while the ones without it had or have the 40 hp rating, not a year change type of thing.

One of the listings on cycle trader had the max rpm at like 15,000 and the 2017 manual I downloaded has it at 12,500.  This is way more than my ktm freeride at 6500 and I think zero with their direct drive is even less.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version