Makes And Models > Alta Motorcycles

List of Alta-specific parts to stock up on

(1/1)

spinningmagnets:
Today's big news is that there are some questions about Alta's near future. It's my understanding that Alta has temporarily stopped production, pending a variety of issues about business deals that may or may not be in the works. But...that is not what this discussion thread is about.

Clearly the tires, brake pads, chains, and sprockets are all general purpose items that will remain available for all current Alta owners. My question is...What parts are normal wear items, and are Alta-specific?

I am certain that many Alta owners do not post or read this forum, so we can't help them. However, if you own an Alta, and you do read this forum, perhaps the Alta owners here can share some info on normal wear items that can be purchased right now because they are collecting dust on the shelf of a warehouse? Here is a quote from ES:

"...That's strange, I just ordered a coolant adapter to flush my coolant yesterday, I was advised it will be here within a few days..."

spinningmagnets:
Here's a post from another forum

"Just the chain slider, rear fender and radiator shrouds. Everything else is either KTM SXF specs such as sprockets and brake pads, YZF 450 for footpegs, and 2009 CRF450 front fender. The headlight lamp assembly can be replaced with about anything."

ButchtheBARFdude:
Battery?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version