• May 05, 2024, 03:01:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Front brake tightness?  (Read 1319 times)

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: Front brake tightness?
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2020, 10:53:10 PM »

I'll try to compile the feedback in this thread into the unofficial manual, thanks.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

TheRan

• View Profile
Re: Front brake tightness?
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2020, 03:47:28 AM »

Regen is activated from a microswitch in the lever and would work even if there was no fluid, so the two issues are unrelated. I haven't taken the lever apart to see exactly where the switch is or how to get to it, but removing the lever blade should allow access to it. Then you can press it and see if the brake light comes on and if not try spraying some contact cleaner into it. If the light does come on but you're not getting regen then I think it may be a software issue.

As for the push pin, it's the part in the red box (might be hard to see in this photo) that pushes on the piston but I think the Zero Manual is actually talking about the part in the blue box. I wouldn't actually call either part a push pin, the red one is an actuation rod and the blue is the reach adjuster.

That's a great photo (I had one but realize it's sitting in my backlog and not that great, anyway). May I upload/use it on the unofficial manual site?
It's not my photo, it's off the Hollywood Electric site (https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2026/3613/products/brake_lever_600x.jpg?v=1538690396), it's the only one I could find.
Pages: 1 [2]