• May 06, 2024, 10:25:03 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Rough "How to" Schwab account  (Read 3122 times)

ctrlburn

• 79_HD_Sportster 2013_Zero_S 2020_HD_LiveWire
    • View Profile
    • Charging Cycles
Rough "How to" Schwab account
« on: March 15, 2020, 08:46:41 PM »

Create Brokerage Account on https://www.schwab.com/public/schwab/client_home  

Wait for a few days, and occasionally login, call, text chat and get called by Schwab during this process as they validated information.

Load the smartphone App if desired. It will be a fun distraction all day long.

FUND the account  (any attempts to fund the account during the validation process failed, it may work for others)  by linking to an external bank account. They will do  test deposits and withdraw which you validate the amounts of to confirm. (plenty of emails on the process).   THEN you can transfer money from the external bank account. Process takes a few days to complete (you cannot buy "penny stocks" until the transaction finishes, but may be able to buy others).

BUY some stock.

I bought:
Arcimoto "FUV" @$1.265
Borg Warner "BWA" @ $24.056

Fran K

• View Profile
Re: Rough "How to" Schwab account
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 10:04:43 PM »

Of intrest for forum purposes would do they send you the annual report.  I had one brokerage firm that did but they sent me stuff to sign and get notarized when they went to a third party clearing agency and I balked and went elsewhere.  I just realized those packages of the annual reports are no longer showing up.  Zero, BMW and KTM are private.  Do you get on line access to stuff if you own it?  More so than interested in buying.

ctrlburn

• 79_HD_Sportster 2013_Zero_S 2020_HD_LiveWire
    • View Profile
    • Charging Cycles
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 06:59:24 PM »

Of intrest for forum purposes would do they send you the annual report.  I had one brokerage firm that did but they sent me stuff to sign and get notarized when they went to a third party clearing agency and I balked and went elsewhere.  I just realized those packages of the annual reports are no longer showing up.  Zero, BMW and KTM are private.  Do you get on line access to stuff if you own it?  More so than interested in buying.
I'll find out if they send an annual report, in a year I guess.
Nothing indicates I have on-line access to their stockholder reports.

Tried to buy Energetica.
Not available in Schwab application. Because it is Italian Exchange, need to have "Global Account" per website.
Called Schwab 3/9/20 to add Global account and they said stock was not available, even with "Global".  But they could make the stock available after some screening process that would take several days and I would get an email when available.
Called Schwab again 3/30/20 just to keep ball rolling and they said the stock was available if I called the Global line. (not in app, not in normal support)
Called Schwab Global Line
EMC.MI   Energetica Motor Company Milan

Trades in 500 share minimum
Markup 0.32% per share
Second Commission charge 0.075%
$100 per trade (up to $13,000 trade value then 0.75%)

Share Price US Dollars (at the time) $2.06

I balked - wasn't quite ready to make that big of a trade especially with such a heavy fee structure.

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 04:12:36 AM »

I was able to buy Energica via Fidelity.  I'm in USA.

Must be a brokerage account, not a retirement account.

Must enable International feature, you have to call to do that.

Energica trades on both the Italian and German exchanges, EMC:IT and EM8:DE are the tickers, respectively.

Italian exchange has a 500 share minimum, German exchange doesn't.  Commission was $19.

our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/
Pages: [1]