• May 04, 2024, 06:59:07 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Take my money now.  (Read 1369 times)

dvdwin

• View Profile
Take my money now.
« on: April 21, 2016, 11:11:06 AM »

I'm gonna throw this out there. I am looking for a manufacturer/idea for my FX. If you have a handle bar gaurds and have embedded a strip (5 or 6)  of LEDs for turn signal and daytime running lights. It would be two different colors (Amber for turn signal and white for DRL). How sick would that look and does anyone know of a company that offers this? If so, take my money already.

modeselector

• View Profile
Re: Take my money now.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 11:26:47 AM »

Easy to make your own to hand guards of choice or buy the Highway Dirtbike set.

ElectricZen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 12:19:12 PM »

Admore lighting has the LED strip for hand guards.  I'm considering them myself. 

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Testpilot1

• Testpilot1 / Charlie Boorman '' Long Way Down ''
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 04:00:17 PM »

LiveandLetDrive

• View Profile
    • If you must cage, cage well.
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 08:54:07 AM »

12V LED strips are easy to find and trivial to wire in.  Amber and white in the same strip would be tricky unless you used RGB strips or discrete LEDs instead.  I just whipped myself up some tail lights for the FX (before I wrecked it and trashed the forks amongst other things.)  Only reason I didn't do it in the front is I'm happy with the existing signals up there and they weren't getting torn off (riding dirt) like the rears were.  Supermoto and enduro-style bikes might be niche enough to keep the market fairly small for hand-guards with signals.  About every kind of LED signal imaginable is out there for crotch-rockets!

2013 Zero FX, 2005 Triumph Sprint ST, 2000 Triumph Tiger, 1970 Triumph T100R Daytona, 1970 Honda SL100  (Latter three for sale!)

PhreaK

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2016, 05:57:30 PM »

2014 Zero SR

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2016, 06:00:03 PM »

This is what ducati did with the hypermotard when it first came out. It's a cool idea, and looks/works well... but expensive if you smack them.

dvdwin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2016, 08:05:44 AM »

This is what ducati did with the hypermotard when it first came out. It's a cool idea, and looks/works well... but expensive if you smack them.

Very good point.

PhreaK

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 10:00:06 AM »

I'd beg to differ. I picked up a hypermotard a couple of weeks ago. The first thing I did was to fit some guards with integrated lights.

When you bin it damaging an indicator and bending a clutch / break level isn't uncommon. Add to this scraping up your bar ends (or damaging the throttle tube if you're running the stock Zero grips). At least this was it's just a single piece to replace.
2014 Zero SR
Pages: [1]