• May 18, 2024, 06:59:22 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Have They Delivered A Damon to Any Customers?  (Read 4365 times)

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
Re: Have They Delivered A Damon to Any Customers?
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2022, 11:12:10 PM »

Sorry but... until proved otherwise, I'm classifying Damon as "The Canadian Lightning."  All smoke and mirrors, no actual product.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

Richtea

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2022, 03:33:42 AM »

Sorry but... until proved otherwise, I'm classifying Damon as "The Canadian Lightning."  All smoke and mirrors, no actual product.

Too harsh. On Lightning*, that is.

*There's video of one of those moving at speed.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2022, 03:55:37 AM »

This seems to make the assumption those putting a deposit do not already have a useable similar thing.

I would like to have the original poster of this thread answer.  I believe range is the #1 reason for the Newtoelectric member.

They all must understand paid in full before shipped,  size of deposit could increase over time like Sondros.

I'm not sure why people are holding out for this Damon thing when you can buy a Zero, Energica, or Livewire, today. And have dealer and manufacturer support*

Cas :)

* lol not Zero though

Edit:. Perhaps the logic is here is my deposit and my personal info now have demo day nearby.

First line, don't know what you're saying.
Second line, do you want to know why he wants a Damon or if he already has an electric bike?
Third line, paid in full or using the subscription option, yes.  It's been over a year and they never have asked for more money than the $100 I put down.
They aren't using the deposit money to make bikes.  It might be $250,000 in put down deposits.  Which probably doesn't pay for the toy hauler. 

Last part is Cas poking a little fun at Zero for their across the pond service issues.

Cas you seem much happier since you got your bike .  Glad to see it.

Oh your edit part.
You do not have to put a deposit down to request a test ride.  The more people in an area that want to take a ride the more likely they will come to that area and sooner.

CagivaRider

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2022, 05:36:40 AM »

I have a Zero SR and really enjoy it. I currently share it with my wife and am looking for something different. My point about the Ducati E-MotoGP bike is they may have licensed  some technology from other sources because they have to field a full grid of bikes in barely a year.

The $100 deposit was not that big a deal for me. I've lost way more on other startups.

I live three hours from Damon and plan to ride up and check things out once the borders are truly open. It will be interesting to see what's there.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 05:54:20 AM by CagivaRider »
2021 Zero S
2019 Zero SR
2015 BMW F800GT
2001 Moto Guzzi V11-Sport
1987 Cagiva Alazzurra 650
1985 Yamaha RZ350

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2022, 05:37:34 AM »

CagivaRider, you must be much more convincing then I.  All the hyenas scattered.    ;)

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2022, 09:35:41 AM »

Still here. Just have no reason to be anything other than polite and courteous with this guy as he's not spewing nonsense.

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2022, 10:22:53 AM »

I have the Cagiva elephant on the side of a connecting rod in a Swedish engine and a couple of Cagiva era Husqvarna bikes.  They had road bikes not sure if they were imported here.

Hyenas that is bizzare  there is the carcas, the lion pride with the male chasing off the hyenas.  Shane O Mac is the lion (his mom ran for governor of Ct twice). Ok I can be a hyena but what is the carcas?   ::)

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2022, 04:10:24 PM »

Has anyone seen anything about service locations yet? Checked the web site but couldn't find anything.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2022, 05:20:39 PM »

Has anyone seen anything about service locations yet? Checked the web site but couldn't find anything.

Nope, not yet.

That would likely be some of the last steps after seeing how many bikes sell in a region.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 05:24:46 PM by NEW2elec »

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2022, 05:44:52 PM »

Hyenas that is bizzare  there is the carcas, the lion pride with the male chasing off the hyenas.  Shane O Mac is the lion (his mom ran for governor of Ct twice). Ok I can be a hyena but what is the carcas?   ::)
[/quote]

Nope no carcass at this time.  There is a BBC clip of a single male lion walking around (sharing truth) and he comes on 20 hyenas that surround him and do their nipping and laughing behavior because they refuse to accept his truth.  Then a second male lion comes over and they all scatter.

And Linda ran for US Senate twice not governor, and lost both times.

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2022, 10:47:39 PM »

NEW2elec,  WOW! Thought that would be one of the first decisions. If riders know they can get their bike serviced close by they are more likely to buy. Everyone has a limit on far they are willing to go to get their bikes worked on. I think that is going to hurt Damon in the long run. I thought it would be obvious to start out in the center of both coasts and somewhere in central US and then build out from there. On one hand I would say to reach out to Team Power Sports since they are in NC and very close to I-40 and I-85 but not allowing them to sell may be a big hurdle when trying to convince them to service Damon. You have to hope selling direct works out better for Damon than it did Zero. Time will tell.

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2022, 10:50:57 PM »

Nope no carcass at this time.  There is a BBC clip of a single male lion walking around (sharing truth) and he comes on 20 hyenas that surround him and do their nipping and laughing behavior because they refuse to accept his truth.  Then a second male lion comes over and they all scatter.

hooooooooooooooooooooly shit you can't make this up. This is it, folks. We're watching a mental breakdown with front row seats.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2022, 04:00:09 AM »

What are you talking about? Here's one. They're great and are so advanced they can handle servicing every Damon ever produced all at once.
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2022, 04:20:57 AM »

What are you talking about? Here's one. They're great and are so advanced they can handle servicing every Damon ever produced all at once.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2022, 07:59:44 AM »

NEW2elec,  WOW! Thought that would be one of the first decisions. If riders know they can get their bike serviced close by they are more likely to buy. Everyone has a limit on far they are willing to go to get their bikes worked on. I think that is going to hurt Damon in the long run. I thought it would be obvious to start out in the center of both coasts and somewhere in central US and then build out from there. On one hand I would say to reach out to Team Power Sports since they are in NC and very close to I-40 and I-85 but not allowing them to sell may be a big hurdle when trying to convince them to service Damon. You have to hope selling direct works out better for Damon than it did Zero. Time will tell.

Yep time will tell.

Purely my opinion:  I'd just go after every Zero dealer.  They already know the basics of an electric bike.  Damon's will have OTA diagnostics and I think they are looking at about 18k mile coolant changes so hopefully not much service to do.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 07:03:47 PM by NEW2elec »
Pages: 1 [2] 3