• May 14, 2024, 03:30:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Call me Worthless and Weak but....  (Read 1550 times)

joesedroid

• View Profile
Re: Call me Worthless and Weak but....
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2024, 06:32:14 PM »

Like the paper towel, I wrapped mine with a cloth neck gator and safety pins. Made it 80% easier to remove. I have the same chock.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2024, 07:31:48 PM »

@Demoni   thanks for the suggestion to use a paper towel.  Holy crap that was easy now!  It's amazing how much that little bit of rubber can hold on that stand, wow.  The bike just pops on and off now with very little effort.  My other bike comes in today, so can't wait to chock that one see how it works as well..

Aaron

2020_SRS_Commuter

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2024, 05:10:30 AM »

Hi just lurking around, Im usually in the Zero forum.
To lift my motorcycles when needed, I re-used an old $50 boat winch from Harbor Freight, attached to a wood block. This is then placed across the top of a heavy duty aluminum ladder. I put the bike under the ladder, use the bikes 12v, and lift it with the winch. Different bikes, different lifts, require unique ways of connecting the winch to protect the bike but once they are crafted, just put them in the storage box with the winch and you dont have to do it again.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2024, 05:41:50 AM »

That sounds kind of dangerous, even for an aluminum ladder. I think the max weight is typically 500 lbs and that's using it as a ladder ie the weight is bearing on the feet, putting it longwise like a scaffold, I am not sure it was really designed to handle that much non axial weight.  the bike weighs almost 600 lbs.

I have found that draping an old burlap sack, which I have dozens and dozens of from my coffee business, over the front chock, it saves the rub marks on tires from the metal on rubber as it seats and it comes out easy peazy now.  Will experiment with laying a bag on the flip flop side too to keep from scuffing the tires or possibly chaffing them if you hit them not entirely head on.  I think it will work just fine that way as well and be gentler on tires.  Tried the paper towel, it worked ok, until it rained, then it was worse than no rag at all.  Washing the bike Id assume would be a disaster as well with the paper method.

Aaron

2020_SRS_Commuter

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2024, 05:49:02 AM »

I've never seen it flex or seen any signs of danger. It's one of those expanding "Gorilla" ladders. When I lift my bikes Im only lifting the front or back, so the other other wheel remains on the ground. Not the whole weight, only a portion. Also my bikes are a bit lighter, the heaviest is my SR/S which I think is about 550lb. Just a suggestion that works for me. Don't do anything crazy.
The weight is applied in the same direction as if you were standing on it, just from the top step.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2024, 05:54:01 AM »

I got ya.  I got one of those, it's an articulating ladder, heavy as shit, has 4 sections of 5 or 6 feet each and weights god about 80 lbs.  I can use it as a scaffold too.  My house has one of those stupid ass stairways with the fkn light at the top right in the middle of it where there is NO WAY  to reach the damned thing w/o some sort of crazy ladder, and it has a poofty cover on it that you need to unscrew via 3 bolts just to even get at the bulb... so scaffold it was to change a stupid light bulb :(

Also yah I was thinking of lifting the entire bike, in your case, the weight is probably about half so very much in it's range.

thanks for the clarification.
Aaron

trgssgt

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2024, 12:43:29 PM »

Hi, I just bought a 2022 Esse Esse and could not believe how hard it is to put it on my paddock stand compared to my Zero SR/F that I thought was heavy. Anyway the answer to your problem and mine is the centre lift stand made by tower.de a German firm. Have a look at the you tube video about them using their stand on a Esse Esse.

It's brilliant and although about £400 it is worth its weight in gold. I have just sent them an email to order one. I would have done it directly from their webpage but couldn't as they have not yet listed Energcia as one of the makes they supply lifts to. Their video is only two weeks old.

Regards

Frank

(I live in Dumfries Scotland)

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2024, 07:51:32 PM »

Well if you know it works on your bike, can't you just pick any bike, or one that is close to yours and have them send it that way since your specific is not listed?

Also, do you have a link to the video please.

Thanks
Aaron

PWM

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2024, 01:54:07 AM »

The EU version of this lift is called Bike Tower...?
https://www.bursigusa.com/gallery/
BMW eK75 Conversion (Retired)
Energica EVA Ribelle (Black Frame Matters)

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2024, 04:00:32 AM »

Hmm, that IS an interesting lift!   It will hold a heavy bike like a Ribelle ok and is fairly sturdy?  Even if you are clumping and bumping around on it a bit like changing tires or chains?  Ill have to look into that one further here, I like what I am seeing so far.

Aaron
Pages: 1 2 [3]