Makes And Models > Zero Motorcycles Forum | 2012 and older

Zero at slow speeds

(1/1)

norpaq:
I'm really interested in a Zero X and I'm wondering about the slow speed handling.  I can see that the Zero has a few things really going for it in terms of slow speed handling; namely light-weight, good torque and you can't stall the engine.  :P

But I'm used to slipping the clutch, dragging the rear brake and being able to come to a stop and take off again without putting a foot down.  Obviously the Zero doesn't have a clutch, so can you still do that kind of maneuver?  Can you use the electric motor torque against the rear brake to hold you up?

In this hunting video, when the guy is dropping down into the creek, he seems to have to walk/push the bike along at slow speeds.

http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/hunting.php

Thanks,

-Norris

Zero Hero:
You can ride very slowly. I can stop at a stop sign momentarily and not put my foot down.

wayner:
He's using his feet to balance because the terrain is technical. It's called paddling when you dab your feet down like that. Unless you are a good trials rider you would need to put your feet down so you don't crash.

cenesdelavega:
I'm a paddler  :), but even on a super rutted out straight up dirt climb, you have great control at slow speeds. So for non-motorcyclists like me, it makes tackling hard stuff a whole lot easier.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version