• May 08, 2024, 04:42:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: My glitches are back  (Read 1150 times)

trekguy

• View Profile
My glitches are back
« on: August 08, 2014, 08:02:40 PM »

After my first glitch that lasted 1 day, I thought the bike was just getting used to me, but now after 552 miles and 1 week later, the same thing is happening. When I accelerate, the battery level changes to 0.0% and the battery icon shows empty. After a restart (when it goes through that count-up sequence) everything returns to normal for a while,, and then 0.0% and the empty icon reappear.

Other than that, the bike runs fine!

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: My glitches are back
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 08:30:06 PM »

Does the bike cut out - as if running out of energy - or does it appear to just be a display issue?
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

trekguy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 01:02:20 AM »

Most of the time, just a dispaly issue, but on 2 occasions under moderate acceleration, a momentary power interruption can be felt before the display goes south.

Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 03:45:15 AM »

I had similar issue yesterday. Although only my temp reading went bezerk.

RickSteeb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 07:30:15 AM »

With just about 1200 miles on my SR, I had my first anomaly/glitch yesterday; the regen ceased to take effect on my way to work, and did not return to functionality until I started up after recharging all day.  I tried cycling through "Custom", Sport" and "Eco" modes, but none exhibited any regen, neither in deceleration sensation nor descending bars on the display.  On retrospect, I probably should have tried a power-off/on re-boot while I was at a stop light...

Other than that, it's been significantly more stable than my '12 DS was!
Current fleet: (2012 DS Recalled), 2014 SR, 2013 FX

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 08:08:34 PM »

My 2012 S had no real issues during the 8K miles that I rode it, other than needing to be rebooted upon first startup each morning when the bike was cold and it continues to run fine for my daughter.  So far, "knock on wood", my 2014 power-tank equipped S has run perfectly once the power tank was properly sorted out by a Zero technician.  I continue to believe that most of the issues that some owners are having with their Zeros have to do with sloppy assembly, either at the factory and/or when repairs are made by their dealer's technicians.  Perhaps the factory workmen should slow down a little and take more time to make sure assembly is being properly accomplished.

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the Zero's design or components or everyone would be having problems.  So, to my mind, that just leaves issues caused by assembly mistakes, such as the incorrect assembly of wiring or connections and that can be, and should be, corrected at the factory.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

trekguy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 08:46:02 PM »

Well, I hope that is all it is... sloppy assembly in some cases.  I just hope I do not get stranded out of town becasue of it.
Today is another day, and I plan a 100 mile round trip ride... the SR's first.
Pages: [1]