• May 20, 2024, 02:22:09 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Z-Force 17.3 kWh battery - Still getting that massive torque despite 13% SoC  (Read 352 times)

Zelidar

• SR/F Premium 2019
    • View Profile

Riding since a few weeks with the new Z-Force 17.3 kWh battery on my SR/F it was the first time last week that I needed to overtake a couple of cars going uphill, on a curvy road, and with 13% SoC left. Contrary to past years with the old 14.4 kWh battery it didn't force me into ECO mode. What a nice surprise! I've heard someone who went from a DSR to a DSR/X making the same observation, so not just me.
- Zero SR/F Premium (since 22.11.2019)
- (2007-2019 nothing and no car since 2017)
- Yamaha FJ1200 (2nd), FJ1200 (1st)
- Honda CBF 750, NX 650, MTX 125

Specter

• View Profile

Glad to hear you are having fun with your E bike!
At the end of the day, the fact we are lovin em is all that counts really.

Cool that the bike is still letting you romp on it, but DO be aware, this is not the best thing for your battery doing that and 2, the battery will go down even faster when it's already low than when it's got a better charge on it, so that 13 percent will drain out even faster than you can imagine!

Id make sure you got a good charge on it and let it do it's thing and get a nice balance at the top end and you should be fine.  I have Energica bikes and while they won't let you stomp them up to full speed, you can still reach it, albeit quite a bit slower than when they got a better charge on them.

Aaron

Zelidar

• SR/F Premium 2019
    • View Profile

Id make sure you got a good charge on it and let it do it's thing and get a nice balance at the top end and you should be fine.  I have Energica bikes and while they won't let you stomp them up to full speed, you can still reach it, albeit quite a bit slower than when they got a better charge on them.

Thanks Aaron, I think this might also have to do with software. On my "old" 2019 SR/F I only get to use 15.6 kWh from it, less considering nominal vs. usable capacity.
- Zero SR/F Premium (since 22.11.2019)
- (2007-2019 nothing and no car since 2017)
- Yamaha FJ1200 (2nd), FJ1200 (1st)
- Honda CBF 750, NX 650, MTX 125

rgutt

• View Profile

This probably has more to do with the software than capability of the battery. Not to say that a nearly discharged battery is as capable as a fully charged one, but I can say from first hand knowledge of the gen 2 bikes that Zero effectively neuters the capability of the battery by rapidly limiting the maximum discharge rate allowed by the motor controller. The bike performs much better if you deactivate all that. It's simple enough through the DVT software on the gen 2 bikes. I don't know that the programming software for the gen 3 bike's controller is available to the general public though or that it isn't fully integrated with an external control unit.
Pages: [1]