• May 14, 2024, 01:12:56 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Lower Belt Guard  (Read 329 times)

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
Lower Belt Guard
« on: September 19, 2022, 07:44:04 PM »

I see Zero FINALLY has a lower belt guard from the photos I've seen of the DSR/X.  I wonder if it will also fit on on the SR/F, SR/S and 2022 SR?  And wouldn't it be great if they made one for the older models too?  I'd even pay for a CF one from Hollywood Electrics if they made one!
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

TheRan

• View Profile
Re: Lower Belt Guard
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2022, 08:15:09 PM »

It doesn't look like it will be a direct fit to the old bikes. While the swingarm looks to be the same shape the guard on the DSR/X bolts into the side of it and it doesn't look like the other bikes have the same mounting point.

EVFX

• Tweaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022, 03:29:19 AM »

Adding a mounting point is as easy as drilling a hole and installing a Rivnut. If the shape fits the swingarm I don't see why it can't work.
2022 Zero FX
1983 Honda V45 Sabre

NetPro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 07:01:55 PM »

Adding a mounting point is as easy as drilling a hole and installing a Rivnut. If the shape fits the swingarm I don't see why it can't work.

Mechanically, it should be possible to attach the guard to the swingarm of a different model if they are close enough in shape.
In addition to the Rivnut It might require getting/making custom spacers and or small brackets, if you want the best fit possible.
I would love to give it a try and would buy one right now.
Unfortunately, the only online catalog for the DSR/X I could find after a quick search was at af1racing and the link does not work: As of right now, the link to the 2023-24 DSR/X is there but not working.

Hopefully, the part number will be available soon and I will buy one and post the results.
2020 Zero SR/F
Pages: [1]