• May 08, 2024, 02:09:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Newbie back with a question .... after a short hiatus .....  (Read 827 times)

drumgadget

• View Profile
Newbie back with a question .... after a short hiatus .....
« on: August 13, 2016, 02:52:19 AM »

Hello again from Corte Madera CA -

I purchased a used 2011 Zero S last fall and joined and began posting occasionally on the Forum.  Happy to report that all is well, bike running great so far ..... really enjoying going electric after (and during!) my lifetime ownership of 75 or so ICE bikes.  So much, in fact, that I just took delivery last Friday of a new 2016 Zero SR!  A tale for another post ....... !

My question:  after transporting my 2011 S in my truck, I noticed that the front tire inflation problem (yes, I DO have one little problem!) had gotten worse, in that I lost 10-15 # of pressure in a couple hours instead of over a few days as before (not ideal either, but I was putting off looking into it).  Can anyone tell me whether the spoked alloy rim wheel on the 2011 uses a tube?  Hoping so ..... the tires are on great shape on my 1300 mile-old bike, and no one around here will repair a tubeless tire anymore.  I've had to plug two rear tires myself in the last year - don't like trusting the "roadside repair" style of plug, although so far so good!

Thanks,

Mike

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Newbie back with a question .... after a short hiatus .....
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 04:14:14 AM »

I am sure it uses a tube.  If your tread is still good, it is time to replace the tube.  But first try tightening the valve core first. It may be loose and leaking air. If you don't have a valve core wrench (sometimes incorporated into the valve cap), you can buy one at an auto accessory shop.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

drumgadget

• View Profile
Re: Newbie back with a question .... after a short hiatus .....
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 04:18:21 AM »

Thanks for the info, Richard230

I misplaced my core wrench - my first thought was a loose or dirty core ......
I will try that first.  My tire is really good, looks (and feels) new.
Pages: [1]