• May 11, 2024, 01:53:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: I just built a battery for 2013 MX using original BMS and boxes, is there an app  (Read 440 times)

Rio206

• View Profile

Hi, I just built a battery for a 2013 Zero MX that I bought this week. Building and repairing batteries is something I do all the time, so it wasn't a big deal to connect it to one of the original BMS and use the old boxes. I admit that emptying the boxes was a bit challenging lol. The BMS seems happy according to the leds, but when I turn the key I am getting a Post error (23) showing Board Vpack Error (21), and I am assuming the V is for voltage, and I think a few cells are a tenth of a volt out of balance, so I'm hoping that is the issue. I'm going to pick up the charger tonight so will leave it plugged in, and may balance a bit from the bms leads if that is taking too long.           

Is there an app I can connect to to get data from this BMS?

How do I get other logs from the bike that may have information to help me?

Thanks a lot. The Zero stuff is new to me, but I'm excited to get it going and hit the trails in ORV land that I've been riding on my built up SurRon.

Rio206

• View Profile

Thank you for the link. This is great stuff, and I'll be working on it.

Rio206

• View Profile

It turns out the charger he had wasn't for the bike; it looked like the one, but says 72V Lead Acid and the connector is slightly different. I think I can charge it until I pick up the right one.

Now the contactor isn't closing on start up, so I'll try to figure that out

Rio206

• View Profile

Yesterday the bike did move a little under it's own power, but was making a strange noise. It continued making the noise when I pushed it back to a place where I could apply some throttle, then started getting an error after it moved a few feet. I'm wondering if it was the contactor making that noise, but it did open a few more times.

Fw5183

• View Profile

As I want to build a battery somewhat similar, which cells and configuration did you choose?
Looks like 14p13s per battery box? Are you hooking both batteries in series or parrellel?
Wait a sec.. did you make the battery for 72 or 116v ? 2013 should be 116 I thought
My factory 2013 makes inverter noises when just pushing it around with key on. Like regen working.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 06:45:02 AM by Fw5183 »

Rio206

• View Profile

I did 14 in series 13 in parallel with Molicel p42a in each box and the boxes in series using one stock Zero BMS from the bike, so 28 groups in series whatever that is named and 54.6Ah. That weird noise may be the norm then I guess; I wasn't too worried about it at the time. I need to figure out what is going on with this thing, so I'll try to get it connected to the computer.

Fw5183

• View Profile

Did you do anything with the temp sensors from the bms? Should be two sensors per bms, and they do need to be connected for bms operation.

Rio206

• View Profile

I connecter some thermistors that I believe are working fine with it. I created a connector so I can see the data from the BMS. There was a lot going on, and I didn't look at everything; I'm starting with getting the cells closer to balanced.

Question, I couldn't find with a quick search: Does the 2013 MX come with an onboard charger? Trying to figure out what is missing. I definitely was given the wrong charger with the bike; it has a green rather than brown connector and states 72V. Thanks for any info about the charger for this bike.
Pages: [1]