• May 08, 2024, 04:11:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33

Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 56696 times)

jm

• View Profile
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #255 on: August 18, 2018, 12:24:42 PM »

Hi everybody.   Introducing myself....
San Jose CA  - recently purchased new Zero SR 2017

Fun story...
Last weekend making a left turn,  hit some slick spot and dropped 'er and fractured my arm.
Wow, crazy torque.
Can't wait to heal up and get back on the road.
What have you all experienced with getting parts?  Our local Zero dealer, seems too busy to respond to a prior inquiry I had about purchasing a $25 rain guard for the rear fender.
I even sent them this link,  http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18&products_id=231

I broke the plastic brake fluid resevoir and bent up the brake lever.   Will Zero do mail order?   Should I just drive to Scotts Valley?
Any advice on dealing with dealers or buying direct from Zero?
'17 Zero SR

ashnazg

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 18, 2018, 05:11:12 PM »

I got my accessories like that from Hollywood Electrics... and I'm in Alabama  ;D

Give 'em a shout if your nearby dealer doesn't seem interested in a paying customer.
2015 Zero SR
2015 Zero FX (previous bike)
2011 Zero XU (previous bike)

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 18, 2018, 08:07:25 PM »

So far I have had good luck at my dealer, SFMoto in San Francisco. The few minor parts, like a spare drive belt, that I have ordered have arrived in about two weeks.  Not as prompt as some other brands, but they have arrived.  However, your dealer in San Jose should certainly be able to order parts for you.  If Zero is not shipping the parts, then your dealer should let you know that is the problem and tell you that they will continue to put the pressure on Zero to supply them, instead of just blowing you off.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

JediLeba

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 24, 2018, 06:12:55 AM »

Howdy!

New rider, new owner. Got my M license back in May this year, finally bought my first bike just today: 2015 Zero SR.

I’ve been driving electric cars for 4 years now: first was a leased Ford Focus Electric, then last year I bought a 2015 Chevy Spark. The Spark was actually new and had been sitting in a Maryland dealership as a demo - they offered it for a mere pittance of $15K. Since it was new, I was still able to get the $7500 federal rebate. I’m in Texas, and at that point we didn’t have a state rebate, but my wife works for Bank of America, and they had an incentive program offering $4K for purchasing alternate fuel vehicles. So I got a brand new EV for essentially ~$6-7K, including tax title license and shipping (I had to ship it from Maryland to Dallas).

And now I’m on a Zero SR, though my wife is very distrustful of motorcycles and isn’t letting it become my daily driver for a while. I recognize I’m new, so I don’t really trust a 17 mile commute through Dallas traffic either. My plan is to practice riding in the evening and on weekends.

So that’s me, sorry it was such a long post.

Badness

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 24, 2018, 01:00:30 PM »

Cheers brother.

ZeroHI

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 26, 2018, 05:57:32 AM »

Aloha~
Emily & Scott over here in Kauai, Hawaii.  Just purchased our first (five) Zero bikes last week!  Found 3 Zero MX's (2 ~ 2010s & a 2011) on Craigslist for 1K for all 3!!! While checkin' those out we got distracted by the sellers 2013 FX, 2014 SR, & 2014 DSR....& ended up buying the 2014s too!  Had a blast riding around our only sunny day last week & been gettin' muddy with the MXs while we wait for the remnants of Hurricane Lane to dissipate.
Have a bunch of extra parts that I'll be listing for sale soon & hoping to learn about bringing dead batteries back to life, or where to buy something that'll work for those MXs as we've got a few decent batteries & half a dozen dead ones.
Stoked to be a part of the electric motorcycle revolution!

Badness

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 26, 2018, 06:07:21 AM »

Welcome.
Sounds like you've got yourself a project or two mate.

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 06, 2018, 01:42:43 AM »

Hi everybody.   Introducing myself....
San Jose CA  - recently purchased new Zero SR 2017

Fun story...
Last weekend making a left turn,  hit some slick spot and dropped 'er and fractured my arm.
Wow, crazy torque.
Can't wait to heal up and get back on the road.
What have you all experienced with getting parts?  Our local Zero dealer, seems too busy to respond to a prior inquiry I had about purchasing a $25 rain guard for the rear fender.
I even sent them this link,  http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18&products_id=231

I broke the plastic brake fluid resevoir and bent up the brake lever.   Will Zero do mail order?   Should I just drive to Scotts Valley?
Any advice on dealing with dealers or buying direct from Zero?

I'd recommend calling the dealer, even Hollywood Electrics can be a little busy to respond to emails.

Zero sells exclusively through dealers but they will happily ship directly to you. So find a dealer who's willing to put in orders that way. I've done with with SF Moto and Hollywood electrics, no problem.
our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

DaveJ98092

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 31, 2018, 01:46:31 AM »

Hi, I am DaveJ on many forums, mostly Reverse trike or Suzuki Burgman scooter sites but I am a Newbe on here.

I am looking at building a reverse trike due to my many injuries in 3 major motorcycle crashes. I am a retired disabled Army vet and worked in the telephone trade until my last crash and could not do my job so I was forced to resign. Limited income now.

I will need around 50 to 70 Horsepower. Total weight before batteries and my body weight will be around 500 pounds. With battery and my butt in the seat I expect 1100 pounds.

So a place to start is with a proven design like a Zero or any such EV motorcycle.
US ARMY Retired.
Former Electrician and IBEW Member.
Been on two wheels since 1970, over 160,000 miles on 650cc Scooters.

I am poor so please do not ask to borrow money or tools. But I will ride 120 miles to help someone for a sandwich and a cold beer.
Draught Lager beer, keep your Hoppy Ales.

05RAVEN

• 21 Eva Ribelle/18 Zero FX
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #264 on: January 13, 2019, 11:57:17 AM »

Hi everyone,
my name is Quint and today I just purchased my first eBike, I went with the Zero FX 7.2. So far I love it, using it for commuting to work and farting round local trails, my other bike is a 2016 R1. Look forward to reading through the threads!

NAIL BANGER

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 14, 2019, 01:42:18 AM »

HI - I HAVE HAD NO OPPERTUNITY TO HOP ON AN EBIKE AS YET - QUESTIONS I HAVE ARE ........

1 - WHEN THE TWISTGRIP IS OPERATED TO DECREASE POWER FROM THE MOTOR TO THE REAR WHEEL HOW DOES THE BIKE REACT - IS THE LESSENING OF POWER PROGRESSIVE OR IS THERE A HUGE SLUMP IF YOU SHUT DOWN THE TWISTGRIP ALTOGETHER - PLEASE EXPLAIN -

2 - ARE GEAR CHANGES SMOOTH OR IS THERE ANY CLUNK BANG TYPE DEAL GOING ON WHILE CHANGING GEARS -

3 - I HAVE RIDDEN BIG JAP MUSCLE BIKES BEFORE TODAY AND REMEMBER SLAMMING DOWN THRU A COUPLE OF GEARS FROM 10000RPM TO SLOW THE BIKE DOWN ON AN APPROACH TO A SLOWER MEDIUM - IS THERE ANY FORM OF ENGINE BRAKING OR SOME MECHANICAL GIZMO TO
MAKE FOR THE MIMICKING OF ENGINE BRAKING ON ANY EBIKE AS YET -

PLEASE GET BACK TO
ME AS AND WHEN YOU CAN THANKS -

NAIL BANGER

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 14, 2019, 02:03:37 AM »

1. When you release the throttle the bike slows down at different rates based on how you set up you regen braking.  It will slow down pretty quick or even almost freewheel coast depending on how you set it.

2 There are no gears you don't need them, you can sprint ahead with more speed than a down shifted gas bike just by twisting the throttle.

3 Yes again the regen braking which puts power back into your battery.

You can set up a test ride on a Zero and see for yourself.  Enjoy. 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 02:24:13 AM by NEW2elec »

CaribouDesBois

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 16, 2019, 09:43:51 PM »

Hi there,
I'm Baptiste, from Nantes (France). I just ordered a DSR14.4 and I'm planning on using it for a daily 80km of which 70+ is highway.
I'm letting my R1150GS go for this new DSR and looking forward to it!
BR,
Baptiste.

hubert

• '14 Zero S, nuke charged
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 17, 2019, 12:31:28 AM »

Welcome Baptiste, salut bonjour.You funny username sounds like you were from Northern Canada!

Since a few months there are tons of new Zero owners in France. Or at least they suddenly discovered there is a very cool french speaking EV forum (vehiculeselectriques.fr).
2014 Zero S
Velomobile "Quest"
Mitsubishi i-MiEV

eBNWbiker!

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 09, 2019, 12:51:25 AM »

Hi all! My first post. This forum looks like one of best resources on the web for eBikes.

Test rode a Zero DS last week. Been riding for 50+ yrs, have 4 bikes now, all ICE, two 40+ yr old but also have a 2017 Africa Twin. The DS was whole new experience, was chaperoned ride and only 4 miles as that is how dealer does it but still, amazing experience. Like others have said, can see hoe the ebike "bug" can get you!

Look fwd to learning & gathering all the info I can. I live is SoCal so have seen a few ebikes, presume would see more in bay area. Clearly, Zero is the main player out there. Think they have a dedicated manufacturer dealership in Orange County. My local dealer is still on a learning curve re: the Zero product which isn't surprising, lots of new tech, etc.

Thanks to the folks behind this forum, it looks like a great resource. 
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33