• May 09, 2024, 05:52:14 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33

Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 56707 times)

NEW2elec

• View Profile
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #270 on: February 09, 2019, 02:14:27 AM »

Hello eBNWbiker! welcome aboard. 
I've loved riding my Zeros for about four years now and unlike most of the guys on here I'm 99% an electric rider with only a short lived Honda 125 when I was 15, being my only ICE experience.
One small terminology correction though.
An "ebike" is a bicycle frame that has been electrically powered while Zeros and others are electric motorcycles being a motorcycle frame that has been electrically powered.

A guy I work with likes to ask "did you ride in on your little electric scooter today" and he knows I'll close my eyes and calmly correct him by saying "motorcycle".  It's all in good fun but like a fan taking up for their team I like to correct him.

But it's exciting times on here with a few new bikes and companies coming out with options and products this year.  Keep your eyes out for good deals on some used and older new bikes.  They are the best big boy toys I've ever had.  :)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 02:16:15 AM by NEW2elec »

Curt

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 09, 2019, 03:58:37 AM »

A guy I work with likes to ask "did you ride in on your little electric scooter today" and he knows I'll close my eyes and calmly correct him by saying "motorcycle".  It's all in good fun but like a fan taking up for their team I like to correct him.

The best way to correct him is to silently leave him in the dust next time you're both going somewhere. :)

eBNWbiker!

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 09, 2019, 09:52:56 PM »

Thks for terminology correction.

One of the things I have noticed with several riders of my age group, is a blind resistence to electric motorcycles. Typically, it comes in form related to range anxiety & no acknowledgement of the MULTIPLE other benefits. I would call it acute negativity & from some folks that are very intelligent, just surprising. They don't want to have anything to do with said bikes, not even curiousity re: the technology, innovation,  etc.

I just find this interesting but have seen similar examples such as when a family member first bought a gen 1 Prius. Several other friends/family said car would never catch on and said family member would end up with car no longer supported by manufacturer, etc. Coming up on 20 yrs anniversary of the Prius so know what happened there!!

rm_logan

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 04, 2019, 12:03:11 AM »

Hello from Brooklyn NY.

Probably the 90 millionth bandwagoner here but, I've loved EV's from afar and now want to get mah hands dirty. I work in tech and have been both a motorcycle and a car mechanic before earning a degree in Industrial Design. My goal is to build a fun commuter for my 10-mile urban ride to work. Also if it can slay some tires on the weekend, that'd be cool.

Cheers!

Curt

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 04, 2019, 02:02:10 PM »

One of the things I have noticed with several riders of my age group, is a blind resistence to electric motorcycles. Typically, it comes in form related to range anxiety & no acknowledgement of the MULTIPLE other benefits. I would call it acute negativity & from some folks that are very intelligent, just surprising. They don't want to have anything to do with said bikes, not even curiousity re: the technology, innovation,  etc.

I remember having the same feelings when Prius came out and a coworker became an early adopter. No way I'd ride that bleeding edge. I also felt that way when Zeroes were being demoed at the MX track years ago.

But in addition to range anxiety, there are cost anxiety and reliability anxiety. While these factors are improving, it's still hard to blame people hesitant to have one as their primary/only vehicle. Two years ago, it was the test ride that really got me. After the test ride there was NO WAY I wasn't buying!

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 06, 2019, 09:25:22 PM »

Hello from Brooklyn NY.

Probably the 90 millionth bandwagoner here but, I've loved EV's from afar and now want to get mah hands dirty. I work in tech and have been both a motorcycle and a car mechanic before earning a degree in Industrial Design. My goal is to build a fun commuter for my 10-mile urban ride to work. Also if it can slay some tires on the weekend, that'd be cool.

Cheers!

Very cool. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. You will probably find more people building their own things at endless-sphere.com (and also more woo and perpetual motion stuff there)

our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

JimmieZ

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 10, 2019, 12:05:20 AM »

Jim here from Oshawa Canada....
Complements of astronomical insurance increases this year, I decided to try the Zero S and take delivery in April provided winter has ended?

Ndm

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 10, 2019, 05:34:03 PM »

Hey Jim, long time zero owner from millbrook (below Peterborough) let me know if you want to meet up for a ride sometime
2013 zero S  ZF13.0 , 2017 chevy bolt, 2008 IGO Titan bike

RetArmyEng06

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 23, 2019, 11:01:32 AM »

Hello,
Kevin here from good ole' Alabama.  I happened across this site while looking for parts for my electric motorcycle build.
My project will be centered around a KTM 1190 chassis.
I'm still getting familiar with the site..  I'm looking for a motor and controller from there I'll build the battery pack to support my bike. 
I am hoping to use this project as a stepping stone to an ev car.

Wouldn't that be cool.. an ev hauling a e bike to a track!  Lol

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 23, 2019, 07:33:38 PM »

Also check out this forum, which is almost exclusively populated with home-built conversion enthusiasts:  http://www.elmoto.net/forum.php
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

pyromancy5

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 28, 2019, 06:32:41 AM »

Hi All,  I'm new to the board (been creeping for a while), but not new to automotive forums. I'm from Columbus, Ohio. I've been in a LEAF for 2 years now, and I'm considering going EV for the bike too.  I've been riding for over 10 years, and I've owned my Yamaha SR500 for 8 years. For a time, I considered converting it to electric. However, a wrecked 2014 Zero SR ZF11.4 has shown up in the area and I'm considering rebuilding it if I can get it for the right price. 

I'm here to learn more about EV bikes and look to own one soon.
'14 Nissan Leaf SL; 2014 Zero SR 11.4; '81 Yamaha SR500

FlipOW

• Dutch SR/S driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 05, 2019, 05:22:21 PM »

Hello everyone,

Introducing myself: Flip, 31 from Arnhem, The Netherlands. Owning a 2013 DS with replacement 12,5kwh pack. For daily commuting I drive a Hyundai Ioniq Electric and before a Nissan Leaf, so it was not a coincidence that i sold my Moto Guzzi to buy the DS last year. I am currently employed at a company that offers shared electric mobility solutions, so e-mobility is embedded in both my private and business life. Hope to find and share experiences on especially getting the most out of the bike in terms of range.
Former: 2013 ZERO DS ZF12,5 - 2017 ZERO DS ZF13  - 2021 RGNT MOTORCYCLES CLASSIC NO.1 7,7 kWh
Current: 2020 ZERO SR/S Premium - 2019 Kia E-Niro 64 kWh

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 05, 2019, 08:28:07 PM »

Welcome Flip.  I think we in the U.S. are always interested in what the electric motorcycle scene is like in Europe, being as the EU public and politicians seem to embrace the new technology to a much greater degree than here in the states.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

seabee350

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 12, 2019, 08:38:46 PM »

Been a vintage motorcycle and car enthusiast for 16+ years now. Traditionally, I rebuild Honda CB350's for fun. The past year, I've been more and more inspired by all of the classic car conversions (Like EV West's Porsche 912), Night Shift's Savage build (Holy SHIT!!!) and wanted to make an electrically motivated classic motorcycle. The bike I have is a 1973 CB350. I want to make a fairly stock looking early 70s bike, make battery packs I can bring inside to my apartment to recharge (Lithium Iron Phosphate) and a hub motor. I'm sure I'll be picking your well tuned brains soon!

NotYourAverageBikes

• Zero Motorcycle Dealer for Northern UK
    • View Profile
    • Not Your Average Bikes Ltd
« Reply #284 on: April 19, 2019, 02:43:38 PM »

Hi everyone,

Just introducing myself. I am Jon, from Not Your Average Bikes Ltd, based in Ossett, West Yorkshire, UK. We are a motorcycle showroom and workshop, and have just been successful in being appointed as the Zero Motorcycles dealer for Yorkshire / North of England, and we are also dealers for Artisan Electric Scooters. I wanted to join the forum to see if I can gain some knowledge from all of you guys while we are new to the Zero Motorcycles, and then hopefully in time we will be able to help some of you out with queries, technical questions, and hopefully look after any of you in the North of England when it comes to wanting a test ride, a service, or even a purchase of a Zero Motorcycle. But for the meantime I have a lot of reading to do on here.

How many of you on here are in the UK?
Not Your Average Bikes Ltd

Zero Motorcycles Dealer - Yorkshire, UK
Artisan Electric Scooters Dealer
www.notyouraveragebikes.com
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33