Makes And Models > Zero Motorcycles Forum | 2013+

Rode the 2013 S today!

(1/11) > >>

trikester:
I rode the 2013 S today and all I could say was OMG!!! It was like having a crotch rocket under me! A super bike! Handling? Wow it is good!

I like everything about the bike except the location of the helmet lock, WTF! It has got to be about the most stupid location one could find to put a helmet lock.  ZERO designers - What is wrong with the "traditional" location on the rear frame? ???

Other than that - what a bike!!!!!!!!! Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

Trikester

mehve:
Pics or it didn't happen!! (Read: envyyyyy!)

:)

+ m

firepower:
Where is the helmet lock?

oobflyer:
Way cool - amazing that Zero already has 2013 demo bikes available to check out. My local dealer promised to call me when they get some in so I can do a test ride.

As far as the helmet lock location - at least there is a helmet lock!

trikester:
Agree, at least there is one.

It is on top of the "tank" but down in a hole. It's very hard to clip in a full face helmet when the storage unit is not there. Almost impossible when the pull out storage compartment in place.

My opinion of this bike is that there is no reason any ICE rider would not want to ride one of these unless he or she needed to go farther than the battery could take them, or "refill" and get going sooner. This is (to use an overworked term) an awesome bike!

As far as demos being available yet I don't know. I had a ZERO factory connection that got me this chance to ride one.

I've already put my order in to Hollywood Electrics for the 2013 FX ZF5.7 (since I ride more dirt than pavement and to reduce weight). I will also go with chain drive on that bike as I have on both of my DS's. The good news there is that they have changed to the more rugged 520 chain replacing the always stretching 420's.  8)

H.E. will be selling my 2010 DS ZF6 for me soon. It has the xenon headlamp I added but I have changed it back to the stock 16" rear wheel.

Trikester

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version